[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Pain, pain, pain

Pain, pain, pain

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pain, pain, pain

Postby Kierakid » Fri May 18, 2012 10:14 pm

Still going through the medical dictionary trying to find something that will help with the pain.
On the brink of going off my head. Wish I could wake up and think what a wonderful day.
Feel as if I've become a different person and wish the old one would come back..

That's my moan for today.......
Kierakid
UKFM Newbie

Re: Pain, pain, pain

Postby shazq » Sat May 19, 2012 3:16 pm

Hi
Like Lisa said it can take some time finding the right med that suits you, sometimes it can take a combo of meds but keep trying hopefully you will get there. Here is a link of some common meds used to treat fibro which might help-
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalg ... tment.aspx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby shari » Sat May 19, 2012 8:14 pm

I can totally relate. I have days like today. I fact today was one. Until I offloaded on here.
Its taken a yr to get my meds right. I'm almost sorted. But its frustrating until you get your
medication right. Oh and the waiting for appointments. Sometimes you have to ask
the doc to sent you back to the hospital.And yes some days I do feel like why bother getting up, but I do.
In time things will improve
But in time things will get better. It
just doesn't feel like it right now. :hugs: :hugs:
shari
UKFM Member

Postby Kierakid » Wed May 23, 2012 4:53 pm

Sorry never got back sooner. I seem to have so many symptom I don't which to relate to FM or get to the Dr?
Right no cant more my arm as it feels as my elbow is about o explode with the pain and my ankles keep swelling up.
Apart from that I'm fine HaHa
Kierakid
UKFM Newbie

Postby Jilly » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:26 pm

Hello everyone,
I just want to scream today, woken up feeling like I have been kicked all over, went to the loo, and could not even twist my body round to clean myself, why why why am I going through this terrible pain, I am on a cocktail of drugs and still I am suffering like this, any triggers, yes!! I cared for my 3 year old grandaughter yesterday, as she was too poorly to go to pre-school. I didnt do anything strenuous with her, but obviously I was up and down her with her, trying to kneel down with her, even sat on the floor to do puzzles, all of these movements caused me so much agony, but I love my family and never want to deny them my care and love. I came home to a miserable husband who sat feeling sorry for himself as I wasnt there to make his coffee when he walked through the door, I did cook a meal at my daughters house and fetched him a meal home, just so that he did not feel left out, so you see I fulfilled all of my 'duties' irrespective of how I was feeling, I was absolutely shattered when I got home yesterday, and fell asleep on the sofa in an awkward way, when I woke up my fibromyalgia symptons were at their very best. But today I am alone in the house, I can hardly walk, my whole body is hurting and the teard are rolling. They have no idea that I feel like this, even after trying to educate them, and I get the odd sympathetic look, but I am alone, I hate my life, I hate pain, and I hate the fact that after all I endured yesterday my husband still tried his luck last night with no thought of how I felt. Sorry folks to share all this but I need to scream and shout somewhere. xxxxx
Jilly
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:00 pm

:hugs: Its not fair that we end up paying for doing something we enjoying doing, pre fibro it would not have affected us at all but now we end up paying for it for a few days after.

Hope you feel better soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Kierakid » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:45 pm

Hi
Just read your post Jilly. I so wish my husband could jump into my body for at least ten minutes.
Sometimes the look on his face says to me stop complaining for gods sake. Sometimes I can't even bring myself to say out loud how I feel.
At the moment I'm on GABAPENTIN 600mg three times a day. My pain feels like sometimes I feel sore on the outside but sometimes it feels sore on the inside too. I am hoping that this medication works even a little bit. :crazy:
Kierakid
UKFM Newbie

Postby Jilly » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:26 pm

Hi all
Just thought I would share my latest news with you, I have been to see rheumatologist for the second time, who confirmed that I do have fibromyalgia (I have already known this for 8 years) but he added osteo-arthritus and cervical spondylosis, and severe depression, then he discharged me with 'i am sorry but there is nothing more we can do', you can imagine how that left me feeling, So back to the docs who finally decided to have a look at my meds and change them again, I now am on Pregabalin instead of Gabapentin, amongst all the other medication I take. I have been taking the pregabalin for 3 weeks now and guess what!!! I have actually felt better than I have done for a long time, I am still struggling with pain but not so much and not so intense, my depression is a little better some days, and I generally feel that the pregabalin are doing something to ease symptons. I honestly did not think I would ever get to feel better, and I have no idea how long this will last, I still have fibro fog, tiredness and all the other niggling symptons of fibro, but I am hopeful. I hope that at least 1 of you get to feel better after reading this. It can take years for the doctors to get the correct cocktail of drugs, but it can be done, after a lot of trial and error.
I am waiting now for physiotherapy, and mental health counselling, so hopefully I am going to get a better quality of life. The past 8 years have been sheer hell for me, But I do feel so much better.
Thankyou for taking the time to read this.
Love from Jilly xxxxxxxxxx :-D :-D :-D
Jilly
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:07 pm

Hi Jilly

Glad to hear that pregabalin are helping to ease your pain. :hugs:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:16 pm

:wave: :wave: Jilly, nice to hear from you :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

It sounds like some things are starting to move in the right direction for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: you don't have to wait too long for your other referrals to come up and they help add a bit more of a lift to how you feel :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Jilly » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:01 pm

Hi its Jilly again
12th August is my 12th wedding anniversary and I cannot believe that my body has decided to go into spasms of pain today, I woke up feeling dreadful. My pain has come back threefold and I am upset, pregabalin gave some relief for a while, but slowly its come back and today I feel 90 years old. Mentally and physically exhausted, emotionally weak and depressed, please can someone tell me just what is this 'fibromyalgia' is it some kind of punishment, is it an intruder in our bodies, is it a mental figment. Did I do something wrong in my life, am I suffering for my forefathers sins. Am I comdemned to spend the rest of my life like this. Why is it so invisible to those closest to us, I cant believe that my husband actually had to ask me in a sarcastic manner this morning 'whats wrong' all I asked is that he helped me to cook our dinner. Happy Anniversary eh!!!!!!! xxxxx :( :( :( :(
Jilly
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:23 pm

:grouphug: Jilly sorry to hear you feel rough on your Anniversary , hope you can manage some energy to enjoy your dinner. :hugs:

:wine:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby lyndylou29 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:49 pm

Hi Jilly,sorry to hear you didn't have a good day on your anniversary,just pick a day for your anniversary when you feel good lol.
lyndylou29
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping