[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Got nothing to say

Got nothing to say

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Got nothing to say

Postby ouchisme » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:31 pm

Hi to all

As the subject heading says, 'got nothing to say'. Because i'm housebound, i just feel when my family get home that i've got absolutely narda to say. They all know that in the morn i might check my emails, might have a potter depending on my co-ordination issues then off the bed til later. Not exactly thrilling or exciting is it.

I know that some members have their own blogs and that sometimes its helped them with how they go about their lives with FM and mayb other health issues. Or they write a personal journal for venting, wonderings etc. But i just don't have anything whatsoever to chat about. That includes talking to my partner or kids. I ask them how was their day, might ask some Qs about THEIR day and then ................................................................................................................................

Hope every1s day has been fairly ok
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Re: Got nothing to say

Postby masonsbarms » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:20 pm

hi ouch, i am sorry you are feeling this way it must be realy hard, when you find your days so empty.

i dont realy know how to help only that if you are able to (health wise i mean) could you try a hobby,that is not to taxing ,

i dont know what but maybe makeing things drawing or writeing ,

have you got lots of family photos not in albums.

we have started puting them in albums according to topics partys hols xmas ect.

you could do this write a little coment under each and then show and discuss them with your family

this will bring back memorys and give you something you can all talk about.

we have cryed at some laughed at some and wanted some banished to the bin

not very helpful but i did say that didnt i

i do hope you can find something.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby Andrew_Z » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:41 pm

When I'm alone and want to chat to someone, there's no one about...people turn up only when I'm busy, or gone out! :(
Andrew_Z
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:22 pm

sorry Ouchie can understand perfectly what you are saying, you too Andrew. I think MB is right you have to find something anything that you can do to help fill in your time, I make cards and can lose myself for ages then I have things to show the family when they turn up and it makes me feel a little better even if its just for a short time :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Andrew_Z » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:49 pm

Denys. It's not just a matter of keeping occupied, it is just nice sometimes to share something you've done with another human being. I get really annoyed when people say "Do something you enjoy", well sorry, but part of the 'enjoyment' is not doing everything on one's own. It is much more sociable and rewarding to work to the principle of "You show me yours, and I'll show you mine!" It means we actually have some worth in this world as we can entertain each other with that worth. I think it's pretty fair to suppose that if people don't want to talk with us then they probably don't think we're worth the bother...but they could be just shy.
Andrew_Z
UKFM Member

Postby ouchisme » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:08 pm

Thankyou all for your replies :blowkiss:

I do things to distract myself ie; knitting, using the computer, complete wordsearches/criss cross puzzles, read when i can concentrate. Its just that i don't have any variety and as Andrew said its a human basic need to spend time with people and chat about everyday life etc. It makes me :cry: and v v :-x in equal measure that i can't hold a conversation with any1 as i've not done anything bar my normal day.

I was just wandering if others have the same problem as me, and how (if they can) deal with it all

Hope that every1 has had a fairly good day pain wise
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby mrselizabeth » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:45 am

Hi all...I know the feeling of 'got nothing to say'. Without my computer, I would be lost. It is my only friend. Over the years I have had friends, but with moving house they did not wish to move with me. I find it very difficult entering a room with more than two people in it, and one of them is me... I try to walk daily and speak to people as I pass them, and there is no reply.I also joined a gym, for the obvious and to make friends; but no one speaks to me...I must be contagious or something.What a lonely life, is it really worth carrying on, I ask!! :( :( :(
mrselizabeth
UKFM Member

Postby Andrew_Z » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:02 pm

Hello, MrsElizabeth. I don't know what to say to you, but don't want to leave you on your own. Do you have any hobbies or interests? Many people are just plain rude when they don't reply, it's not your fault. And it depends where you live, because here in Cornwall, most village people want to know everything about you right down to the size of your underwear! Personally, I find a good way to getting to chat to people is to say hello, then compliment them in some way. As they used to say, flattery will get you anywhere. :-)
Andrew_Z
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:06 pm

Hi
Have you looked to see if you have a support group in your area?

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12522
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby mrselizabeth » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:00 pm

Thank you for replying Andrew_z and Shazq.
No there are not any groups in this area of shropshire. And yes, Andrew i say hello to people, and there is no reply. I just hate it and wonder why I am on this earth as no one wishes to speak to me. I have no friends and no where to go. I feel so alone with this horrid fibro. :( Sorry for ranting, I have had such a bad day today, and feel so sad with myself. Help me please, what do I do?
mrselizabeth
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:47 pm

hi mrselizibeth, my heart goes out to you i feel for you i realy do,

i cant understand people who are so rude as not to reply to a geeting,

i dont know how you are health wise but are you up to a couple of hour volentry work,

maybe ageconcern of local hospital visitors,

i dont know what else to suggest as not knowing what you are capable off its hard.

if i lived near you i would gladly visit you.

there is always someone on here but i know its not the same as sitting down for a coffe with some one.

take care and i hope things get better soon xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby MichelleJ » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:22 pm

Hi mrs elizabeth, I noticed you said you lived in shropshire. Where abouts in shropshire are you? I live in market drayton, and I grew up in shrewsbury. I struggle to do alot but have a friend I visit in shrewsbury who has the same as me and our kids play together. I also like to draw and paint and hoping to join an art club. I spend time in stoke on trent with friends up there and we go swimming and pub quiz's and things. I've been in a particularly bad flare the past week or so but feeling a bit better today so hoping i'm coming out of it. Been both the pain and my cfs so been a bit of a nightmare. I'll happily meet you for a coffee and natter if we can get somewhere mutual based on where you live, or if you're close to me could come to you or vise versa. I'm eager to make new friends aswell. There's a facebook support group started for the drayton area which is going to become a proper support group so shall be going to that too.
Dx with fibromyalgia m.e/Cfs and asthma
MichelleJ
UKFM Member

Postby ouchisme » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:02 am

Morning to all

MrsElizabeth I completely understand what you mean about actively being polite and trying to chat to people. U are definitely not contagious and i would be proud to say that i chat with you either on-line or face to face. I have problems sitting (the ouchies) and so not on-line every day. But if you ever want some to chat to i would reply to any PMs

I hope that all is well in every1s worlds and that your pain levels are at least manageable x
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping