hawaiin technique

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hawaiin technique

Postby kathy » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:42 pm

hi everyone
have already posted this but in the wrong slot,so im doing it again
went to my gp the other day he said he wanted to try out a new technique out called the hawaiin technique,its a form of self hypnosis and you imagine yourself floating over a x roads and behind you is your past in front is your future,all the bad things that have happened to you are all in boxes and the good things light up,and you collect the good things and wrap them up and put them in a box,you try to collect as many good things as you can.
thats as far as i got because my session was only 45 minutes and i did have difficulty taking off i have this dread of closing my eyes in front of people i dont know,even my gp,i put that down to a bad expieience at school the boys saying close your eyes and bang!! youve got a worm down your front or your holding a spider ( you may have been to the same school ) so i shall tell you what happens next week
hugs and kisses
kathy
kathy
UKFM Member

hawaiin technique

Postby HazelB » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:59 pm

sounds interesting, and would love to hear how you get on.

It sounds as if this is a form of visualisation technique - must make a note to do a search on it and try find out some more

Hazel
HazelB
UKFM Member

the technique

Postby kathy » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:30 pm

hi hazel
im pleased that someone has read my post,well hazel im willing to try anything and there are no extra pills involved so thats not a bad thing is it,i know it will take time and paitence on my part but hey!! im not going anywhere am i time i have plenty of. im going to see my gp again tonight to have another session hubby said he wouldnt mind having a go so long as he doesnt start snoring i hope you can find something about it im not poo pooing the idea,it may or may not work,im going into it with an open mind.will tell you how i get on later
speak to you soon
kathy
kathy
UKFM Member

hawaiin technique

Postby HazelB » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:23 pm

Kathy,

like you I am willing to try anything that might help ... with the exception of those 'miracle cures' that claim to be able to cure virtually every known illness - and probably cure none!!

I am very into holistic and alternative therapies, and use relaxation and visualisation techniques a lot .... I have certainly found that such techniques lower my stress levels, and subsequently lower the intensity of my pain.

Good luck with your next session, and hope it helps you. Its great you have a GP who is willing to try different options.

Hazel
HazelB
UKFM Member

I'm a newbie

Postby Lisa005 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:22 pm

Hi everyone, I haven't been officially diagnosed with fm. But I'm preety sure I have it. I've been a hygienist for 23 years and have alot of pain in my neck shoulders going down my back and hip area. I'm taking trazadone, klonipin, lexapro, and vicodin for my pain and to help me sleep. It has definetely affected my family and my life. I do meditation. I also suffer from anxiety. I am currently looking for a doctor to treat me. who do I see? This has gotten so out of control I dodn't know what to do.
Lisa005

Return to Help / Tips on Coping