Recently diagnosed with cfs/me and fm please help :)

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Recently diagnosed with cfs/me and fm please help :)

Postby Puddycat » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:44 pm

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction. I was wondering if there is anything I can take out or introduce into my diet to help with my cfs/me and fm. Thanks in advance for your replies :smile:
Puddycat
UKFM Member

Re: Recently diagnosed with cfs/me and fm please help :)

Postby pugbear » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:00 am

Hi Puddycat
Like you i have recently been diagnosed and am in the process of researching diets, suppliments, exercise and anything else that will help me to remain semi- independent....
So far i have decided that due to having a low vitamin D result form my blood tests that i will look at what suppliments are on the market. Diet wise, i have heard that a low or zero gluten intake may help, so again, i am looking in to this. Exercise, i am looking at swimming as researce has suggested that it may be the best thing, due to it not being a weight baring exercise?? So far i have not put any of these in to practice as i am still working full time and therefore sleep most evenings and all weekend!!!!! However i will soon finish for the summer holidays ( i am a lecturer in college and so get a generous summer holiday) So my plans are to get this week over with and then put my research in to practice!!!
Sorry i am not a great deal of help, but as i said i am still trying to get my head around this myself!!
You have joined an amazing forum tho and the people on here really do have some amazing advice...
Good luck
Pugbear
pugbear
UKFM Member

Re: Recently diagnosed with cfs/me and fm please help :)

Postby TATT » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:02 am

Hi,

I have both and I have cut out caffeine and cut back on processed foods and don't eat white bread etc.

I also make green smoothies which is in a blender 2 types of dark greens leaves and 3 types of fruit. Blend with water and I also add in kelp and alfalfa.

If you go on you tube type in green smoothies and there is a wealth of them to try. They are feeding my body raw fruit and veg and I believe with this and the above it's helping my fatigue.

It also actually makes me look really healthy skin nail hair wise and get p :swear1: d at people who come round and say oh but you look so well, (strange confused are you sure you are unwell look)

Can't win x
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Replacement of expletive with sweary smilie!!
TATT
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping