[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Fibro fog at the end of a flare up

Fibro fog at the end of a flare up

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibro fog at the end of a flare up

Postby Takeabreaknow » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:02 pm

Hi just wondered if anyone has any good tips. I am currently in a flare up which I am familiar with and know this will come to an end and resolve back to the routine day to day stuff of FM. My question is about what is often called 'Fibro Fog' I always find this is the last bit of a flare up to resolve. I manage the FM quite well most of the time and get the flare ups when I have sent my 'energy bank account' into overdraft !!! but sometimes life does not make it easy to avoid this happening. I find the fog makes it hard to get down to stuff I am capable of actually doing. I do all the usual things like planning a realistic list of things to do and work through them at a sensible pace until the flare up has settled but I can waste so much time phaffing around. Its like a plug has come loose and needs a nudge to get back in place, I can see it but just can't quite get hold of it, very frustrating. I would just like to get through this part of the flare up a bit quicker and back on track again. So folks what works for you with the fog??? Thanks
Takeabreaknow
UKFM Newbie

Re: Fibro fog at the end of a flare up

Postby Mrs T. » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:17 pm

The only thing that works a bit for me is literally only doing 1 thing at a time. - I work off my list and can't move onto the next thing til 1 is finished.
Mrs T.
UKFM Member

Postby peanut » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:22 pm

thats right. even the smallest things can only be done one at a time and you must rest inbetween. its frustrating, like being a very small child again
peanut
UKFM Newbie

Postby wolfstar » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:35 am

:coffee1:
wolfstar

Is fibromyalgia real :?:
YES, its painfully :scream-1: real :pull-hair:
wolfstar
UKFM Member

Postby Andrew_Z » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:53 am

Making a list of things to do would be okay if there weren't a frequent 'fibro fog' problem of remembering the list! I make lists all the time then forget them, even if I stick them to the front door so I can't miss them. What DOES frequently help me is my wonderful computer callendar. It's a software program called Rainlendar Lite, and is available free from -

This amazing desktop program keeps a record of all your things to do, appointments, birthdays, expenses, whatever, etc, and even has an alarm reminder plus options for advanced warnings of things to do. Every day I know exactly what I have to do, and when. It also looks very nice, too. Personally I can't cope without it as my memory is so bad. :-)
Andrew_Z
UKFM Member

Postby Takeabreaknow » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:29 am

Thanks for all your replies.

I think the difficulty for me it not so much making the list as I am used to planning my working day that way - Its more the problem of even having the list in front of me yet I can't grab hold of that elusive element of the 'spark' to get going.

I would not describe it as depression as I have interest, ideas and a bright positive outlook, but I wonder if it is an element of something similar. I wonder if a flare up reduces something, perhaps a chemical lets call it the 'mind fuel' to spark the body into action. I have noticed that sometimes music will help, something that includes a beat that makes your body want to move with it even though the old body is not up to a real gig it can make my 'mind move' and does seem to have a positive effect sometimes. If I could understand what is happening at that time I think it might help us find other things that have a similar effect.
Takeabreaknow
UKFM Newbie

Postby Jadire » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:06 am

Take care

Jayne
Sometimes my mind wanders, and sometimes it leaves completely.......
Jadire
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping