[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Walking aids

Walking aids

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Walking aids

Postby sylvie » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:49 pm

Hi All
A bit of advice wanted i need a walking stick or crutch i cannot walk far without linking someones arm
and i can only walk slowly i ask at pain clinic but doc there said they dont deal with walking aids
and i have to ask my gp and get reffered to occupational thearapist please excuse spealing
i have terrable pain in feet.ankles.knees.hips.bones in top of legs.wrists.hands n fingers
elbows shoulders. this is why i havent bought one myself i just dont know what i need
thanx syl
sylvie
UKFM Member

Re: Walking aids

Postby masonsbarms » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:41 pm

hi syl, i got a stick through physio, a colapsable one you can buy these ffron lots of shope i bought a spare from clevelys for £5

you have to have the handle to the hight of you wrist. use it to the opposit to worst leg

when walking bring stick forward at same time as bad leg.

hope this helps.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby sylvie » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:31 pm

Hi
Thanks for your advise i got assest of district nurse two weeks age
have been given a crutch
sylvie
sylvie
UKFM Member

Postby marianne p » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:47 pm

hi i got myself a walking stick from amazon,it folds up so you can put it in your bag,its purple and floral,it cost about £8.00 altogether for the stick and post&packing,a bargain!! :-D :roll: :flowers:
marianne p
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:23 pm

Hi
I have a couple of the fold up ones, they are good because you can adjust the height to suit you plus you can put it in your handbag.
They do some pretty colourful ones, if you do a google shop search you will get lots come up, they are cheap to buy on the net. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Help / Tips on Coping