[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Whats the most stupid thing you have had said to you about F

Whats the most stupid thing you have had said to you about F

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: worst thing

Postby princess » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:55 pm

princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Pixie » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:06 pm

Pixie
UKFM Newbie

stress

Postby princess » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:41 pm

princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Pixie » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Pixie
UKFM Newbie

stressed

Postby princess » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:12 pm

princess
UKFM Regular

Postby velvet » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:29 am

NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby Lesley Doyle » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:24 am

The doctor i seen today, that FM can all in my head :evil: :evil:
That they do not now what cause it, i told him i had a head on car crash, that caused mine.
Stupid Doctor, and he was a young doctor, he needs a kick up the A.., but i did not have the energy to do.
Lesley Doyle
UKFM Member

Postby Brens » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:03 pm

Hows this for a stupid ,senseless, hurtful statement from a well known insurance company dealing with my Pension claim and retirement on grounds of ill health. Apart from fms i have severe arthritis that affects kneck spine hands fingers wrists hips ,ibs in all its glory, no sensation in bladder ( need to catherterise myself with hands that dont work at all in mornings needing urinary nurse to come in!!)( sorry guys! )need help to wash, dress, do my hair,and just about every thing else !! I have acute pain most of the time like someones stuck a fork in my toes , and wristsIm dopey on meds I wear morphine patches,when I need them , I attend fms clinic at Guys in London ,I use a wheelchair but the movement of it does my spine in !! so is limited in its use.My sleep is useless , I have allergies to most meds, tinnitus ,Rls fatigue like I've hit a brick wall you all know what I mean! WELL I WAS TURNED DOWN and this is what they said "I WOULD RECOMMEND YOU DISCUSSING THE DEFINITION OF DISABILITY WITH YOUR DOCTORS BEFORE FORMALLY ASKING US TO RECONSIDER YOUR CLAIM IN THE FUTURE. I have had fms for 7 years now have hit rock bottom, how much worse does it have to get, I have a brilliant GP who is trying to help me accept my limitations and disability .Love to you all brens xx Perhaps I should start a post whats the MOST HELPFUL THING ANYONE HAS SAID TO YOU ?
Ever hopeful !
Brens
UKFM Member

Postby GeminiGirl » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:59 pm

over the years between university, work and traveling i've spent periods living at home and periods living in other countries. My cousin told me that as I only had the pain when i was at home that it must be cause i was bored. Unlike her [when she lived away if she had a pain in her baby toe we all knew at home about it] when i was away i didnt tell my family about my pain and when ever they asked how i was i said "fine". The worst thing about this is that she is a nurse, think she might need to brush up on her bed side manners!
GeminiGirl
UKFM Member

Postby velvet » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:22 pm

yesterday afternoon on the sky news forums i had the pleasure of being told ME and fibro were cause by unresolved abuse issues and that for a total cure all i had to do was come out of denial, and do the real suffering, then my symptoms would all disappear. oh yes and the many strains of arthritis in my fathers family are all caused by abuse too.

fortunetely i have a good sense of humor.

if anyone wants to read the discussion is pages 3 and 4 of whose body is it anyway on the health board. if you are in a good strong mood and able to laugh go for it, i would avoid it if you are feeling delicate however. the poster name of shadowharmony is meaning well and is trying to help but her insistence on her view is a little harsh.
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby Mr.A » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:02 pm

Mr.A
UKFM Member

Postby velvet » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:16 am

NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby shewhosings » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:15 pm

The two excuses my GPs gave me were "there's nothing wrong with you. If it still hurts in 4 weeks, come back and we'll do another blood test" and "its hormonal, take evening primrose oil".

wtf?!
shewhosings

Postby bb01 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:23 am

After my GP looked up what fibro is on his computer he said "ah well just carry on as normal" :shock:

bb01
bb01
UKFM Member

Postby Min » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:45 pm

Donate for free to fibro & M.E. charities by using by using Everyclick as your search engine
Min
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Help / Tips on Coping