[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - not coping

not coping

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

not coping

Postby lyndylou29 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:09 pm

When is this pain gonna stop :( trying my hardest to carry on as normal,but I know I am failing.If you rest you cease up,and if you do too much you pay the price.Went clothes shopping on Saturday I was fine,but since then pain pain pain,dragging my left leg now,in fact both my legs dont want to work.Does anyone know what are the best meds to try and bring this under control :oops: I had my right kidney out through having cancer in 2007 and I actually coped better with that than I am with this. :-D
lyndylou29
UKFM Member

Re: not coping

Postby denys » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:35 pm

Hi Lyndylou sounds like you need to pace, clothes shopping is stressful even when you havent got FM. You are right we cant just stop or we wont get going again but also we have to listen to our bodies which say enough.

Rest up but gentle movement for a bit, some heat and keep up with your meds should help. I think patience with ourselves is the biggest tip, dont try to do things all in one go break it up into smaller bits and then we can achieve tasks just more slowly than before :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:44 pm

Hi Lyndylou

like Denys said its so easy to overdo things, we have all done it.

Pacing is the best way to get around it, lots of breaks in between and learning to listen to your body, if it is telling you you need to rest then take it, you need to recharge your batteries.

It might take you a few days to get over it so hopefully you will have a better day tomorrow. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby lyndylou29 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:29 pm

thanx for the advice,I will take this on board :-P
lyndylou29
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:10 pm

hi lyndylou, i have done try to carry on as normal and it dosent work.

i have now come to terms with the fact that i am not my normal self anymore.

i am in the prosess of a work rest plan at work and at home i am doing my best to say hey that ironing isnt going away if i dont do it today, or i dont need to hover every day ect if i havent the energy or hurt to much i leave it.

its hard but you realy have to realise that we have to change and tweak the things we do.

i hope you feel better soon and you get to grips with thing.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Return to Help / Tips on Coping