[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Advice on long distance travel

Advice on long distance travel

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Jadire » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:15 pm

Does anyone have any tips on how to make long distance travelling easier when you're the only driver?

I picked up my daughter yesterday who is 3 1/2 hours away and did a round trip making it 7 hours of almost non-stop driving. I did stop off at a service station on the way up and the way back but it still didn't help.

I found myself getting drowsy, all my joints hurt, my feet were swollen and I was absolutely exhausted when we got back so much so that I fell asleep for about 4 hours. :(

My daughter is also disabled after her knee replacement in January that left her unable to straighten the leg (like me who cannot bend mine) due to a rapid build up of adhesions. She tried to come down on the train last time on an electric scooter but they refused to allow her on board unless she could dismantle the scooter down into the size of a suitcase AND carry it on herself!

She can't take the coach either because there is no-one to look after her cat so she has to bring down all that stuff too. She can only get down here if I pick her up in the car.

I love travelling and driving my car but I'm getting fed-up of the stress it puts on my body and having to suffer for days after a long trip. It's so frustrating. :cry:
Take care

Jayne
Sometimes my mind wanders, and sometimes it leaves completely.......
Jadire
UKFM Member

Re: Advice on long distance travel

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:32 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14328&p=153293#p153293 You might find this linky helpful, it's on a very similar subject to what you're asking about.

Hope you can find a way to make your journeys a touch more comfortable :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Advice on long distance travel

Postby Jadire » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:40 pm

Thank you I will go check that out.
Take care

Jayne
Sometimes my mind wanders, and sometimes it leaves completely.......
Jadire
UKFM Member

Postby caterpillar » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:19 pm

I can't see Fluppy's reply (often happens on iPhone, posts are missing) but was just going to say that 7 hours of driving would be hard going for anybody, let alone a fibro sufferer so I think you did really well just to do it!
caterpillar
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping