If i took any more pills, i'd rattle!!

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

If i took any more pills, i'd rattle!!

Postby Posie » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:18 pm

I fell down the stairs around the time of the last 'heatwave' we had. I was so disorientated and in pain, i think i just stepped and never even thought about it. Hit the bottom of the stairs and had really hurt my shoulder :( Bruising, pain and sensitivity lasted forever!!

My GP prescribed me 10 days of sleeping tablets as he thought the above was due to complete exhaustion and needing to have my pregabalin increased. I havent been sleeping for a while, was waking up middle of the night with agonising leg pains (imagine growing pain type) and feeling like i was walking on nails even though i was flat out in bed!! 10 days came and went, pregabalin has been increased to 350mg and i am also topping that up with tramadol and paracetamol. I am in so much pain, have daily headaches again and i dont know what is wrong :( Is this a flare? I feel exhausted but cant sleep and when i do, the pain wakes me up.

Back to see the GP again tomorrow. Sorry for moaning. I normally lurk and read on here mostly but occassionally need a vent! xx
Posie
UKFM Member

Re: If i took any more pills, i'd rattle!!

Postby Cariad84 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:53 am

Hi posie :wave: :wave:

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so bad, and I'm sorry to hear you fell, that must have been so scary! I have taken to shuffling downstairs on my bum as I am so scared of falling the way I am lately. I hope you start to get some relief soon.

I hope you have some luck at the Dr's today, :fingerscrossed: he/she will be able to help, there is nothing worse than when you are flaring and cannot sleep.

You don't need to appologise about moaning, nobody will think that, I think that this is the best place to get everything off our chest where there are people who understand.

Take care and :hugs:
Cariad84
Cariad84
UKFM Member

Re: If i took any more pills, i'd rattle!!

Postby denys » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:34 am

Sorry to hear you hurt yourself so badly Posie, dont apologise for having a moan you have a good reason for it :-D :-D :-D Hope things settle down soon for you, it does seem to take us longer to get over things :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Help / Tips on Coping