[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Fibromyalgia caused by oxidative stress?

Fibromyalgia caused by oxidative stress?

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibromyalgia caused by oxidative stress?

Postby N.B » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:26 pm

Hi all,

I thought I must share this with you. After a lot of research I found many people and professionals talking about Fibro being caused by oxidative stress. The recommended treatment was Antioxidant foods and supplements. I then came across Dr Wallach and Youngevity products, and one of the products that was recommended was a Multi-Vitamin Anti-oxidant supplement called Beyond Tangy Tangerine. It caught my eye in particular because it contains 115 fruits and vegetables and I have been known to be a bit of a salad dodger lol!

I decided to give it a try having two scoops a day, one in the morning and one later in the day in a bottle of water. I was very impressed by the taste and how much energy I had all of a sudden. Within 2 weeks my Fibromyalgia symptoms were reduced dramatically! I had very painfull limbs when I was having a bad day but the bad days became less frequent. I have been taking Tangy Tangerine for 8 months now and I have lost a stone and a half too without trying!

I had great difficulty getting this product to begin with being as it comes from the states and when ordering it took 2-3 weeks to arrive. Then when it did arrive I had to pay duty and vat on top. After months of searching and waiting I finally found Tangy Tangerine online in the UK! :-) It is still expensive from the UK site but it is definitely worth it!

Google it and do a bit of research and don't just take my word for it, it is amazing!

I am so happy to have found some relief from this terrible illness I hope you can achieve the same.

Here is a link to the site I am now using:

http://beyond-tangy-tangerine.co.uk/products-page/
Last edited by N.B on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N.B
UKFM Newbie

Re: Fibromyalgia caused by oxidative stress

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:07 pm

Welcome to the forum. With you making another post on the same subject, I have removed it as one of our basic rules for membership is that members don't post the same message a number of times across the boards.

The exact cause of FM is still unknown, and a considerable amount of research needs to be done to determine the actual cause of the condition, so to say that it is caused by oxidative stress may be seen by some as being somewhat of a sweeping statement. A quick Googling doesn't thru up any real, concrete evidence either, so you may need to rethink the title of the topic.

Whilst I am aware that for some there may some benefits from something like this, but for others they may be very limited or non~existent, as what may help one doesn't always help another.

New members often take a few minutes and introduce themselves to the forum in "Where To Say Hello", then start posting and asking questions, so it would be nice if you were to do something like that a some point.

I'm not wanting to sound cynical/sceptical about this "supplement" however, the forum is a source of info and support for all members. We have had various things posted over time that failed to deliver anything of what they promised, quite often at the expense of people who can ill afford the prices charged, but are so desperate for some relief that they will try anything that may bring it. I do hope that your contributions will be made in the spirit of the forum.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:18 pm

I agree with Flup, no-one knows what causes fibro and any suggestions otherwise can be counterproductive for sufferers. It may be that you are right and for some people it may be part of the problem but it wont be for all and if something is expensive then that precludes a lot of members :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby N.B » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:31 pm

I am no way trying to say I know what causes Fibromyalgia but after researching oxidative stress theory it lead me to many people that have experienced relief from the illness by eating Anti-oxidant foods and using supplements. According to my research eliminating free radicles from entering the body go a long way to reducing Fibromyalgia flare ups.

I am only talking from my own experience and research and I have made progress. I thought it was worth sharing.

I listen to many radio shows with Dr Wallach, Peter Glidden and Ben Fuchs all from the states. Have a listen and see what you think its is very informative.

Check out:

The Bright Side (Ben Fuchs)
Dead Doctors Dont Lie (Dr Wallach)
Fire Your MD Now (Peter Glidden)

My life has turned around listening to these guys.
N.B
UKFM Newbie

Postby diane1 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:43 pm

Hi

I must admit I read your post then went to the link and my immediate response was here we go again another trying to say theres this way to ease your symptoms. Having had fibro for 8 years I have gone down the route of trying things that now looking back were never going to work but you get desperate. Im sorry if I sound scepticle but thats just my opinion.

If something so simple worked and was proven i'm sure the consultants would be made up as their surgeries would be emptier and the NHS bill for all those expensive pills we need would be drastically reduced.

Anyway if you get relief then good luck I think i'll be giving it a miss. :wave:
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby N.B » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:53 pm

Hi,

I appreciate what you are saying but this concept is far from simple that is why I suggested people do their own research.

There are many other factors like avoiding gluten, fried and over cooked foods causing free radicles.

Try listening to Ben Fuchs "The Bright Side" or Dr Wallach "Dead Doctors Don't Lie" the information you will hear and learn about is jaw dropping! The shows are only an hour long but contain a few corny american adverts but honestly just stick with it. When you look at things from their point of view things seem to all make sense. Our medical system is failing us and in the words of Dr Wallach "they use us for an ATM machine".
N.B
UKFM Newbie

Re: Fibromyalgia caused by oxidative stress?

Postby Angel777 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:23 pm

I understand the principle of this product generally, but would not think of trying it at all . Fibro mites are very sensitive , have allergies and everyone is so very different. This is basically a vitamin and mineral booster but contains citric, glucosamine , grape seed extract , all things that can be allergens and acids generally but even more so for us . I feel it is always best to keep to what you know helps each day for you as an individual .
Diagnosed with FM 2007 /Also have Osteoarthritis which I have had for many years .
Looking to connect with fellow FM people near me as well as making friends and having support from this forum .
Angel777
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping