[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Too much pain! How to cope?

Too much pain! How to cope?

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Too much pain! How to cope?

Postby csangel » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:46 am

Hi everyone,
I'm quite new here, still trying to find my way around so hope I'm posting in the right place?! Anyways, I'm not normally as bad as this, have had a load of stuff catch up with me the last couple of weeks. :roll:

I overdid it on Thursday, and have been getting progressively worse since... you know when you have one of those days where you feel like you can't move, but you're so uncomfy that staying in the same position isn't an option, and the pain in your legs is just unbarable. I'm on my own so can't get in the bath, my knee is swollen (different story) so can't put heat on it...any ideas?

I'm at my wits end with this... I just want a bit of relief... really need to go to work tomorrow too... Argh!

It really does help to have a good moan, doesn't it, but if you've got any ideas I haven't thought of to ease the worst of the pain I would be eternally in your debt! I can't deal with this on my own today... :(
Health is not valued until sickness comes. ~Thomas Fuller
csangel
UKFM Member

Re: Too much pain! How to cope?

Postby denys » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:20 pm

Have you thought of using a TENS machine :?: :?: :?: :?: sounds like you may be starting with a flare so be careful not to overdo things on your return to work. also maybe a meds review with your doc is due :?: :?: :?: :?: sometimes a tweak here and there can help get you back in control :fingerscrossed: :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby csangel » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:38 pm

I hadn't thought of that, no. How would I go about getting one of those? Are there different types or easy to pick one? I don't think I recovered from my last flare, which I think has probably got a lot to do with the struggle I'm having with this now.

Annoyingly the really nice doctor I have found only works Tuesdays! But am going to ring and try and see or speak to her. I'm a little nervous they might try and fob me off again, and not give me stronger pain killers...

I'm just fed up of not getting on top of this. I think it's settling, then I do a bit more, and wham, I'm laid up again.
Health is not valued until sickness comes. ~Thomas Fuller
csangel
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:18 pm

When you feel that things are starting to settle, it's easy to start doing things then overdo them. You know how long you can normally do something for, so you could use that as point you want to reach. If you were to start doing something for say half the time you can normally manage, then once that feels OK, increase it slightly, hopefully it will help with things a little.

You can usually get TENs machines from places like Boots and Lloyds chemists, looking on their sites should tell you what they have and how much they cost. You could then go into a branch and see if someone can help you find what might be suitable for you.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Help / Tips on Coping