[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - my way for dealing with pain

my way for dealing with pain

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

my way for dealing with pain

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:52 pm

well i hope some of theses tips help .first off wrists when there very bad and i have to get on the floor with my little girl i find the best way to get up is think like a monkey lol yep go on your knuckles this really does stop them hurting as u try to get up.

elbows well i cant get on with tubergrips they roll down, but fitting kness surports work great, they dont move are not to tight but really help with pain.

feet when my feet hurt i walk like im on glass. get a rolling pin and sitting down rub your feet up and down on the carpet .then a nice warm sock if u have time in a bowl.

back omg my back ,nothing helps much but hot showers and a wheat bag .

now if any of u have some better tips pls tell me . anything to help us through the day xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx hugs to all
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: my way for dealing with pain

Postby Flash » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:20 pm

Ha! who would have thought about putting knee supports on your elbows. Great! :bear-dancing:
I often use a wheat bag on my back, but got a hot water bottle at the moment. My wrists are hurting like mad lately, I don't often hear of others with wrist problems.

As they say at tesco, "Every little helps". Take care. :flowers:
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:20 pm

I've moved you into here with the topic being about ways you've found to manage and cope with things.

A lot of us use the wheaty bags on various parts of us to help ease things a little, I've got several in different sizes and shapes. Even O has used them on his back now and again. When he did, I couldn't stop :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: at him as he was sat there with a teddy head sticking out from under his arm. Can't wait to see how he looks with my latest one, a strange racoon/cat type creature :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I've also got some of those heat packs that can go in gloves and you click them to give out the heat and "recharge" them by boiling them in water. Got a pair of cupcake shaped ones and a pair that are shaped like knickers. I've asked OH if he wants to borrow them at times,but he keeps saying no, not sure why :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby charley » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:18 pm

I find hot showers are great.....sadly my shower in halls is CRAP! Can't wait til xmas when I can go home and have a proper shower! Think I'll be in there at least an hour! Hahaha

But struggling to find other ways to cope with the pain when my painkillers don't work properly :S
charley
UKFM Member

Postby ultra60 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:51 pm

A quick warning to all using wheat bags and Hot water bottles, I too have used both frequently subsequently because of using them almost constantly on some days and having them a little too hot it has severely damaged the skin on my back which is permanently discoloured to a dark red/brown colour and the skin is very delicate and can blister if my bath is too warm, I am now having treatment with a dermatology consultant who told me that my back will never be any different now and i could possibly consider a skin graft to repair the very damaged skin. So PLEASE BE CAREFUL I IMPLORE YOU ALL AS I WOULD NOT WISH ANY OF YOU TO INADVERTANTLY CAUSE THE SAME DAMAMGE I HAVE ALTHOUGH I FULLY UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH RELIEF THE HEAT GIVES. :-D :-P
ultra60
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:01 pm

Thanks for the warning ultra. Sorry to hear about your back :hugs:

I always make sure my hot water bottle has a cover on it & i never put it directly onto my skin, it always put it on top of my clothes.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Help / Tips on Coping