Vitamin CO-ENZYME Q10

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Vitamin CO-ENZYME Q10

Postby Saffi » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:00 am

My consultant recommended this (though they cant prescribe it) as latest on the medical grapevine for combating fatigue.

It is a vitamin supplement that essentially breaks down food and releases energy quicker. They are horrendously expensive and I cant find them cheaper than at Holland and Barratts. They are worth trying on a 6 week period, and if you start on the little ones you can have a stash of big ones (200mg) for those days where you really need a good boost.

I call them my 'uppers' :)
the internet is a lot like Ancient Egypt... people writing on walls and worshipping cats
Saffi
UKFM Member

Re: Vitamin CO-ENZYME Q10

Postby Beshlie » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:35 pm

Co-Enzyme Q10 is good for our muscles Saffi. People who are on statins should take it as statins deplete the body of of this vitamin which causes muscle pain. It is expensive but Holland and Barrett give the most value for money I think. 50mg to 100mg a day is about right I have found. It won't stop flare ups but will help our muscles recover from them. I did'nt know that they helped with the release of food into our bodies, though it would make sense as muscles need plenty of protein to keep them healthy and strong.
Beshlie
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping