[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - I have Fibro and I am pregnant

I have Fibro and I am pregnant

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I have Fibro and I am pregnant

Postby SarahNewbery » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:51 am

Hi I just would like to hear other peoples opinions and stories please who have got this condition and had a baby. I have two kids but had them before I got Fibro so it's all new to me now. One main thing I would like to know is can I still give birth naturally, I did with my two I had just gas and air but with Fibro if I stub my toe I feel like it has been sawn off so will I be able to cope with labour without a c-section or epidural. Thanks
SarahNewbery
UKFM Member

Re: I have Fibro and I am pregnant

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:32 am

Congratulations on your Nappy News Sarah :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Pregnancy with FM is something that pops up periodically. A search of the forum might bring up some helpful info for you.

Like all things FM, how it may affect you could be very different to how it might affect someone else :facepalm: :facepalm: One thing that has popped up quite often tho is that pregnancy can make symptoms either go into a remission/dormant like state or be eased right back to much more manageable levels. These can last a few weeks, or even months after giving birth.

As for the type of birth that you could have, you really need to talk to all the people involved in your care. We can't say whether you would be able to have a birth like your previous ones. Things can change rapidly where FM is concerned, and as virtually anything could happen between now and when your bundle of joy arrives, being aware of options, possibilities and potential outcomes would make sense.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby ccat21 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:34 pm

Congratulations & hope that you keep well :-D
ccat21
UKFM Member

Postby fibrostar » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:46 pm

Congratulations :teddy-bear:
When I was pregnant my pain disappeared completely it was wonderful :clap: and it didn't return until I stopped breast feeding, I had all my other symptoms but because I had no pain the other symptoms didn't bother me so much, so fingers crossed :fingerscrossed: you'll be pain free !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry can't advise about birth as I had cesaren
Congrats again.
Health is like money, we never have a true idea of its value until we lose it.
fibrostar
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:50 pm

Congrats on your baby news :bear-dancing:

We have had the topic come up a few times so i am sure you will have others come along and answer you. :goodluck2:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:36 am

congratulations :fingerscrossed: you have the same luck as others and your symptoms disappear for a while :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby SarahNewbery » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:25 am

Thank you very much well I am about 2 months so far and yes most of my pain has gone so far so fingers crossed x
SarahNewbery
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping