[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Brain fog won't go away! :(

Brain fog won't go away! :(

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Brain fog won't go away! :(

Postby charley » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:54 pm

Hey everyone, hope your all ok and not suffering from the cold as much as I am!
Just wondering, has anyone got any tips on getting around the lovely friend we have all made known as fibro fog? I have loads of assignments to do and can't concentrate to save my life :/
charley
UKFM Member

Re: Brain fog won't go away! :(

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:21 am

Lists are my only friends I'm afraid.
If I am to go out then I need a list for what I intend to do. Have kitchen diary as well as a pocket one to jot down important things ( have still been known to miss things ) I also only allow myself a set time to do things (10 -15 minutes) as my concentration goes to pieces if I try to concentrate for much longer.

So the only advice I can give is factor in as much time as possible. ( I know not great advice when there is a load of student life to do as well ). Time your reseach and make notes as you go . Try and make notes as easy to read as possible so you don't get too uptight when reading them back. factor in time for writing your assessment and if possible get someone else to proof read it for you ( spell check helps but doesn't always get it right particularly for technical words.)

Just a thought but have you had a chat with the disability officer for your course /college. I know someone else on here has recently signed up for an OU course ( sorry forgotton your name) and I think they have been given help with type talk technology etc. So it might be worth a try.

Good luck with your studies,
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby charley » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:46 pm

Lists sound like a very good idea! I should try doing that.....only problem would be remembering to write a list, and then remembering where I put it, and remembering what I need to do to put it on the list haha. Definitely sounds like it would be helpful though

I have definitely been trying that, unfortunately, my partner for a presentation wants to start putting it together on Friday :/ and I have 5 other assignments that are all supposed to be handed in during the same week which I'm not looking forward to doing haha

Yes I went to speak to the people that arrange support etc, but they said they can't really do much until I get the ball rolling on my Disabled Students Allowance application.....
charley
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:27 pm

There you go then Charley thats the first thing on your list .... Fill in form! If neceaaary go back and ask for help filling it in after all thats what they are there for.

Given you have a partner for your presesntation can you work with them Friday , explain your difficulties and see if you can come to a comprimise about who does what , with you maybe doing most of the actual presentation while partner does most of the getting the powerpoint together based of course on your joint work from Friday /Saturday.

That way you can maybe free up some other time for other assessments.

Good luck with juggling all the assessments etc
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby charley » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:10 pm

Yeah, that's true haha...It's quite a simple form really, I just need to get a Dr's note to support it

Unfortunately we both have roughly the same amount of work and we've already split the work down as much as possible so I would feel quite rude asking to knock it down even more.....I've managed to get quite a decent amount of information now though :) I just need to condense it down to fit single slide on a powerpoint :)

Thank you! :)
charley
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:10 pm

Charley ........You do realise that after all the assessments are done I will turn into "mum mode" and nag you to get the form in :-D :lol:

Take care and good luck with everything.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:37 pm

Hi
My memory has got really bad, i am always forgetting things, i even went to see my gp about it but he just said we all get forgetful its quite common :roll:

I have to right things down and also put things on my calendar on my phone & lappy and send myself reminders otherwise i forget :facepalm:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby tracyann » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:13 pm

People at work joke I must have been born blond,or they just think Im a bit dizzy. Have not told them I have recently been diagnosed with ME/FM, just joke Im getting old when they see me struggling out my chair at desk. Know I should really say something but dont know whats stopping me, some peoples ideas about ME/FM are not helpful :(
tracyann
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:14 am

As I am def not a blonde but have mousey brown hair my DD at times when my fibro fog is making things worse than normal has called me a "malteaser" seems I'm brown on the outside but blonde in the middle!

Does anyone else get really annoyed :evil: when folk keep telling you that they also forget things and that its just your age etc etc. or am I just being super sensitive.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby ouchisme » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:27 pm

my ..... was trying to think of forget ful ness which i don't think is a word. I can't find the right words in conversations, remember why i'm heading for a room for god no's what. Even going to the toilet i couldn't tell you what would happen until i sit down as the numbness is getting worse. I have total empathy for people with alzimers (sp) as i'm so :too-upset: :pull-hair: with the whole thing. FYI i used to be a walking dictionary and thats gone now to. My kids hate it as they have to properly look up a word instead of asking me

soft (((hugs))) to those in need
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:07 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby charley » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:44 pm

charley
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:46 pm

Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby monica » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:55 am

I write lists for everything otherwise I'd never be able to cope. I'm going through the menopause so can you imagine having fibrofog and menopause brain at the same time...nightmare! :mrgreen:

I went to fill up the car the other day and couldn't remember how to undo the petrol cap....honestly it's not difficult is it, but no I stood there for nearly 10 minutes fiddling with the ruddy thing. I had to ask a man at the next pump to help me. Talk about embarrassed! Luckily he saw the funny side of it and we had a bit of a laugh.
monica
UKFM Member

Postby ouchisme » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:26 am

hi charley
what frustrated me even more is when some1 tries to 'help' by saying random words that they think your trying to convey :roll: My kids are the worst suspects. Then because they've been playing 'give us a clue' , I can't remember the word, what i was talking about and just wanna :too-upset: :pull-hair: :scream-1:

hope you are having a restful sunday (((hugs)))
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Help / Tips on Coping