[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Neuropathic pain everywhere

Neuropathic pain everywhere

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Neuropathic pain everywhere

Postby penfriend » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:08 pm

Apart from the drugs for anti-epilepsy, does anyone know of anything at all that might help this terrible pain? someone mentioned St.Johns Wort - hypericam - but I thought that was mainly for depression. I am bedridden with it now for about 3 months. It is driving me nuts!
Please help if you can. Love penfriend
penfriend
UKFM Member

Re: Neuropathic pain everywhere

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:05 pm

Amitriptyline is often used to try and manage neuropathic pain. If amitriptyline helps, but it's side effects cannot be tolerated, nortriptyline or imipramine may be tried to see if they help. Tramadol, eitherr on its own or in combination with other meds may help, or for those unable to take meds orally, topical lidocaine may help with localised pain.

I've no idea about complementary/herbally treatments/supplements that might help as it's not something I look into with experiencing such extreme reactions to them.

Hope you can find something to help ease things off for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:41 pm

penfriend I hope you find something, Flup has given quite a comprehensive list and I cant think of anything else, I to dont know enough about complimentary medicine to offer any advice sorry
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby penfriend » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:32 pm

thanks to those who have kindly replied. I did try amytripilene but did not suit me. I am thinking of trying Hypericum in Vogel drops, as I cannot swallow tablets. yes everyone can react differently in drugs and herbal remedies. we keep battling on. penfriend
penfriend
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:52 pm

I have an interest in herbal treatment but am not an expert. Please check with a herbalist/GP/Pharmacy before taking St John's Wort as it has the strength of a low dose anti depressant and you don't want to interact with any of your other meds
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby penfriend » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:25 pm

thnksfor responding. I am now trying St. John 's Wort, started with 10 drops instead of 20. and today 15 drops. I do not take any other anti-depressants at all! So trust that it will be alright.

Now can I please ask if there is anyone on here with bad carpal tunnel syndrome and terribly painful wrists and hands and arms? If so, have you tried the steroid injections in the wrists? I am getting to that stage where I can hardly do a thing, and do not want to give up the computer entirely. I am a christian and have lots of christian friends around the world. I am very wary of it altogether, but must admit I am getting so desperate. thanks in advance. Penfrien d
penfriend
UKFM Member

Postby lucybythsea » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:48 pm

Hiya
I have nerve pain in both arms due to injury. I have found Pregabalin the best thing - I am on 250mg twice a day. Amitriptyline gave me bad side effects. Pregabalin has also helped with anxiety. It also helped the fibro pain to begin with, but the effects worse off after a few days unfortch.
xxx
Hello, Im 30 and have severe fibro. Come check out my blog: http://www.fibrofandango.wordpress.com
lucybythsea
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping