[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Warm Home Discount

Warm Home Discount

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Warm Home Discount

Postby moonhare » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:03 pm

Hello Everyone,

I'm sure you may all know about this already, but I didn't , so I thought I'd post this here..........

The six main energy suppliers are offering a winter payment of £130.00 towards energy bills to eligible people....i.e...if you claim particular benefits and/or have certain disabilities...... and Fibromyalgia for one, is an eligible disability...as I found out this morning.

The deadline for claiming varies, some give until March, but others like British Gas give only until the end of December - so the sooner you apply the better.

It's really worth contacting your supplier to see if this is for you - you have to be receiving your power from the supplier you contact at time of application.

When you call, they will need certain details such as name, address, D.O.B, What benefits you receive (and how much)
and your N.I number.

Hope this helps. :goodluck2:
moonhare
UKFM Member

Re: Warm Home Discount

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:20 pm

You can also go on your suppliers website and fill in the information there :-D
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby moonhare » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:31 pm

Thanks Lisa...... I forgot to include that bit!!!! :facepalm:
moonhare
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:46 pm

I know Npower dont give any discount because i asked them a few weeks back when they increased my payments. :evil:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:26 pm

How nice of them Shaz :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby maxtomads » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:59 pm

I checked with eon, it's only for people on certain benefits / tax credits etc.
Seems so unfair that we struggle to work with our problems and get no help

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
maxtomads
UKFM Member

Postby Whiplashsal » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:21 pm

i contacted E.On a few mins and he said i qualify! He didn't ask anything about my benefits however he asked what my condition is! Maybe it'll be all in the form i get sent
Whiplashsal
UKFM Member

Postby jennthefunkyranger » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:11 pm

jennthefunkyranger
UKFM Member

Postby motherconfessor » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:32 pm

Thank you for this information, had no idea it was available :clap:
motherconfessor
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:26 pm

Thank you for that!!! I didnt know anything about it but i have just rung and i do qualify for it, also my elderly parents have also just called and they will be getting this too. I am with british gas and she was saying most of the other energy suppliers have limited places for this payment but british gas dont so if you qualify you wont be turned away as long as you register before the end of dec!!! Thank you so much any help like this can mmake one hell of a difference.

Millyxxx :-D
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby moonhare » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:17 pm

Yes,
it is so unfair that we have to conform to be receiving certain benefits and/or have certain disabilities and I'm so sorry for that , but I'm so glad to hear that some of you have already had positive results after checking it out! As Millymoodoo says, it makes one heck of a difference!
:fingerscrossed: for everyone!
moonhare
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:35 pm

shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby moomoos » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:49 pm

Thank you so much for putting this information on here, I also had no idea this even existed. I have just been accepted with British Gas for this, thanks to you 8-)
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby moonhare » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:42 pm

Brilliant news MooMoos!!!! :clap:
moonhare
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:48 am

Good luck to anyone who is eligible for this , hope you all get in to the scheme by the end of December deadline. Unfortunatly my supplier doesn't have a scheme so its a :nono: from me too.

Just glad it will be really useful to some......... was just saying to OH how much our energy bills had gone up since I came off work although I try to keep the heat running at a minimum rather than the full blast I would like it to be at.

Lets hope we have a mild winter
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to Help / Tips on Coping