[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - How much is too much??

How much is too much??

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

How much is too much??

Postby Whiplashsal » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:25 am

I have been really ill for a year now, although i i have been suffering some symptoms for about 2!! I really struggle to get the balance right between doing too much and listening to what my body tells me. I am in constant pain each and every day and i find that doing anything, even simple things, like making dinner is too much every day. To get by on a day to day basis, i have to push myself to get things done. I work 30 hours a week, and in order to keep doing that, i let everything else slip. Going to work and caring for my 6 year old son is everything to me, and i am scard i am gonna get to the point when i can do neither and that frightens me.

Today i went to the supermarket. I live approximately 5 minutes walk from it and i vowwed i was gonna get there for 8. I arrived at 8:45, which wasnt too bad. I took an hour and a half to wander round, not cos it was too busy, simply cos i couldnt walk too fast cos of the pains everywhere. I spen most of the time hanging on to the trolley to take the weight off. I asked the lasy to pack my bags for me which was very helpful as i often end up dropping things as my hands are rubbish!!!

That was it!!! I couldnt get home!! I couldnt make my body move to push the trolley. Now i know going shopping is something of a luxury for some fibro sufferers however i always get my shopping home delivered but as its Christmas, they had no slots left :o(

I had to phone the lady who lives in the flat below me to come and get me and help me back with my trolley!! I felt so humiliated that i couldnt even do some shopping, that i cant cope! She brought all my shopping up into my flat for me while i sat and sobbed. My neighbour is a good friend so she didnt mind, but i still felt terrible.

I dont know at what point i went from pushing thru the pain to absolutely overdoing it. It took me an hour to put most of the shopping away, and i didnt get very much. I went straight to bed and rested for a few hours, however since i have gotten up, i have not been able to stop crying. My IBS has kicked off, and i cant go to bed cos i am afraid I will have an accident. My legs are not doing as they told and i fell when i was in the kitchen earlier, and i hurt my knee. Im not coping too well!! (My little boy is with his dad right now, so i have no help, and also he is not at risk)

I am going to see my doctor next Friday to see if i can get my meds relooked at. This weather is not very kind to me, and i am extremely down in the dumps. Hopefully he will listen and help. I take 2 types of anti-depressants at the min but i dont feel that they are being effective.

I'm really sorry, i have just waffled on and on again. Sorry!!
Whiplashsal
UKFM Member

Re: How much is too much??

Postby Iceskatemum » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:34 am

I think there will be more than you that feels that all things Christmas is too much. many just about manage on a daily basis , heap Xmas on top and its no wonder things go wrong.
Now you have your shopping in try and rest up , even if tomorrow is a no go day you have Monday to do anything else that needs doing. Not sure what age your son is but if he is young enough for Santa I'm sure he will just be happy to play with his presents on Xmas day. I know its a special time for families but try not to over do things , go at your own pace and try and relax about everything.

Glad you have a doc appointment for after the holidays try &jot down whats wrong with you at the moment as sometimes we can't always remember everything when we go to the GP

Take care
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Whiplashsal » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:47 am

My son is 6 and is wonderful!! He helps me every morning to get out of bed as i have usually stiffened up beyond belief during the night. He sometimes helps me when i am in the shower... he is an ace little back cleaner!! He is wonderful, i know he will be pleased with his things that i have bought. I did all my shopping online, to my postmans's dismay!!

I think i will just cry when i get into the surgery, i have just been told i dont qualify for any DLA (Bang goes the much needed stair lift) and I just feel like the weight of the world is firmly sat on my shoulders right now!! As i fight to get through every day at the minute, i am not sure i can cope with everything else. I dont want to lose my job, but the weather is making work nigh on impossible, i cant concentrate, i can barely walk, and work comes with it's own stresses and deadlines etc.
Whiplashsal
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:21 pm

Appeal the decision regarding your DLA, ask your doc for an OT assessment as they can help with the stair lift it isnt dependant on DLA and rest, this time of year is worse for us due to the cold and the added stress etc.
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:00 pm

You're not on your own in feeling so cruddy at the moment Sal, I'm the one in the corner that is rocking under the pile of blankies. Altho OH has dome some shift changing to make sure there are as many days in between each shift to give me half a chance to feel vaguely huu~mon for the days he does work, I've still been really struggling, and I don't have to factor in work :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

You've taken a first step by making your appt with your GP, between now and then, try to do as ISM has suggested and write own the things you need/want to discuss, and maybe try to put them in some sort of order of importance. And take your sheet of questions/notes/happenings with you. As well as helping with remembering what you want to discuss, if you find yourself in tears like you think you do and find it hard to get things out, you can give your GP your sheet, which will hopefully explain why you are the way you are at the moment.

I know how bleak it all seems at the moment, having been there far too many times myself :scream-1: :scream-1: :scream-1: But things will start to get a little lighter and brighter for you, it takes time tho :( :( :( Hopefully when you start finding the right meds cocktail for you and things become a little more settled you'll find that first spark that will start you back down that route to the lighter and brighter side of things.

Ask your GP about an OT referral, as Denys has suggested, you may find that there are aids that make a difference to things, which is always helpful :grouphug: :grouphug:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Whiplashsal » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:55 am

After having a serious fall in the bathroom the other day and everything else that has been going on recently, i Will speak to the doc tomorrow and ask! I also DID put in an appeal! i am not holding out much hope but it would be mega cab if it now sorts out without more stress and faffing!
Whiplashsal
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping