[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Help please I need motivation!

Help please I need motivation!

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Help please I need motivation!

Postby leetankers » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:31 pm

Hi everyone I am really struggling lately to motivate myself and am going through another patch of being scared to leave the house.I haven,t been sleeping much either over the past few days as my mind is racing.I really need to tidy up and start cooking again and generally look after myself more but I just sit around an stare at the walls all day.I am sick of being this way and hate myself for not having the bottle to go out much.I just feel fat and ugly and everyone is talking and looking at me.I am getting a bit of restless legs but not in too much pain at the minute.Just wondered what other people on this site did to occupy and motivate themselves.My head is feeling really dizzy at the moment so will leave it there.Any suggestions would be great.Thanks.Lee
leetankers
UKFM Member

Re: Help please I need motivation!

Postby denys » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:29 pm

It is really difficult to get motivated quite a lot of the time unfortunately, I find the best thing to do is to keep telling myself I will feel better if I move, get a bath, have a shower, even brush my hair.

Tidying is I'll put that away, collect those things that need to go upstairs and put them on the bottom step. put the dishes in the kitchen etc. Just baby steps all the time. A little bit at a time, going out is harder and it starts with standing outside in the back garden for a few minutes just to get some fresh air. I dont go out alone I go out with my daughters and am always ferried to and fro.

I would concentrate on getting yourself moving around the house and dont worry to much about getting out for a little while. Have you spoken to your GP about how you are feeling :?: :?: :?: :?: cos you might need your meds tweaking a little to help :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby wanita2k » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:23 pm

I know exactly how u feel hun, i feel like that most days but i have to go out to see my ill parents and my 91 yr old nana and i really force myself to go to see them but it keeps me going
wanita2k
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:06 pm

Hi
I know it can be hard especially when you are in pain but set yourself little goals each day.
Maybe write a list of what needs doing in each room and decide which room you are going to start on first.

Just start off slowly, learn to pace throughout the day, do the first thing on top of your list then have a sit down for a 10 min rest then go on to the next item on your list then have another rest.

Have you got friends who could pop around for a cuppa that might help you get motivated? or any family who could help you?
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Help / Tips on Coping