[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - need some help :(

need some help :(

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

need some help :(

Postby animeemo3 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:09 pm

Can anyone tell me the best medicine to sedate me through the day? I do not want to be aware through the day anymore, it's too upsetting and distressing now. Thanks
animeemo3
UKFM Member

Re: need some help :(

Postby denys » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:25 pm

Well lets start by saying hi and :welcome: to the forum, you cannot be sedated all day unless you are in hospital so I would suggest you go to see you GP and tell them how badly you are feeling and get some help for your mood. Hopefully once this is being dealt with then you can start to deal with the rest of it
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:19 pm

:welcome: to the forum, sorry to hear how wretched things are making you feel. I can only echo what Denys has said about seeing your GP to try and start getting things more controlled. With how desperate your post suggests you could be, seeing someone asap sounds essential.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby masonsbarms » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:36 pm

hi im realy sorry you are feeling so bad that you want to be knock out and im with denys and fluppy you need to tell your gp,

im sure with the right help things will get a bit better,

see gp and i hope you get the right help.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby animeemo3 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:58 pm

I have spoken to my gp several times, and he says im being stupid and fobs me off by increasing anti depressants by 5mg. Nothing is working and he won't listen
animeemo3
UKFM Member

Postby momsy05 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:03 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum :welcome: , so sorry that you are having to go through such an upsetting time. You don't say what meds you are on or how much support you have had in the past from your GP, if you are not happy i would strongly ask to see another doctor,there are things that can be put in place to make things more bearable have you been referred to the pain clinic at your local hospital?

There are also many support groups for sufferers of fibro,it can really help to talk things over with people who will totally understand what you are going through.

Could you be having a partically bad flare up at the moment? I went through this a few weeks ago and posted that i was having the most unbearable and worst pain ever,but thankfully it has settled a little.

As the others have posted please see a GP as soon as possible, tell them how low you are feeling,don't hold anything back.

keep yourself warm as this condition really doesn't like the cold

Take care and let me know how you get on with you doctor

All very best wishes
Lorraine :grouphug:
momsy05
UKFM Member

Postby momsy05 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:08 pm

Sorry posted before i saw your reply :-|

Your GP sounds just awful,you really do need to ask to see somebody else,there are doctors out there who have a better understanding of this condition.

best wishes
Lorraine
momsy05
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:10 pm

Then you need to see a different GP. You need to see if there is another at your current surgery who may be more helpful, or consider changing to a different one.

I'm afraid you're very unlikely to find any advice about being continually sedated on here. Such a thing would only happen in hospital under the direction and supervision of suitably qualified staff due to the meds, checks needed etc.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby animeemo3 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:27 pm

I daren't change doctor for fear of having one that is worse. Im on 8/500 co codamol, 15mg codeine, 20mg amitriptyline and 20mg citalopram. He was reluctant to prescribe me those, and I only got amitriptyline because a rheumatologist prescribed that. I live about 6 miles from my nearest hospital and I dont go out because I fall all the time and my palpitations get so bad I have panic attacks. I dont want to be fully sedated, just enough so im not really aware enough to have bad thoughts.
animeemo3
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:27 pm

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby millymoodoo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:00 am

Hi

Sounds like you are going through a really bad time and i can honestly say that i understand just how bad you are feeling as i was in a very dark place a year ago and i was so miserable and just wanted to curl up and sleep until things improved. Just a thought have you thought of contacting the crisis team at your local hospital, it could help you to speak to them and ask for help.

big :hugs:
Millyxxx :-)
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping