Advice

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Advice

Postby Rachellou » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:16 pm

Hi,

I am newly diagnosed and I wondered if there was any foods and drink that I need avoid,

Kind Regards

Rach
Rachellou
UKFM Member

Re: Advice

Postby denys » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:12 am

Hi Rachel its a case of trial and error, some people say avoid caffeine others sweeteners but probably the best advice is to have as healthy and as balanced diet as possible and if you find things cause you problems with either IBS, FM or any other symptoms then try cutting it out completely for a little while and then introduce it again slowly. This should involve one food/drink at a time and preferably done under your practice nurse or doctors care to make sure its being done properly. :fingerscrossed: and :goodluck2:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Advice

Postby Rachellou » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:07 am

Thank you for your reply I was hoping to find a list some where I usually have 2 sugars all the time in my tea and since Thursday I've been having none would ppl say decaf is better because when I'm at work I do tend to drink quite a bit of tea.

Thank you

Rach
Rachellou
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping