Weight lifting!

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Weight lifting!

Postby Depp_lover1980 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:28 am

Just wanted to share my experience. After being immobile for too long, I took up weight lifting months ago as my partner is a personal trainer. At first as you can imagine, the experience was excruciating but I stuck at it, with a mental determination to get stronger.

My main philosophy was that I was not getting any better resting all the time, so took the attitude to try and build my muscles back up, which i'd lost from inactivity. Basically I knew it couldn't possibly make me any worse!

Anyway, after a few weeks I started to feel stronger and this has grown and grown. I train my upper and lower twice a week, so about 4 sessions and although I still experience chunks of pain, I genuinely feel that there is light showing at the end of the tunnel.

Alongside this I now eat a very clean diet, with 2 treats a week - eating lots of protein, which supports growth and lots of water.

I do have to take a week off it sometimes and have learnt to really listen to my body, if I am zonked out, then I don't do it, but even then sometimes I will warm up and at least give it a go before giving up. I've lost body fat and feel a lot better, less depressed and have feel proud that I have managed with willpower to finally try and fight back as I am only 32.

Good luck to all those trying, no matter how big or small.
Depp_lover1980
UKFM Member

Re: Weight lifting!

Postby masonsbarms » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:16 am

hi, so glad you have seen a improvement in things,

and well done with your fight i hope it continues to get better and you continue to listen to your body and dont push yourself to hard,

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Return to Help / Tips on Coping