lump on upper arms

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

lump on upper arms

Postby grandad » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:30 pm

as this is my first post,first of all i would like to say hello to all my fellow sufferers , i have been doing battle with this evil, pernicious illness for 14 years diagnosed and god knows how many years previous to being diagnosed,i am 62 years of age (hence the name grandad) and this illness still keeps surprising me with new symptoms the latest being very painful pea sized lumps on the back of my upper arms, doc says nothing to worry about ?DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THESE SYMPTOMS ? . also is there anyone who has tried BROMELAIN a product that is obtained from the stems of pineapple which is said to have antiinflamatory properties , im thinking of giving it a go so would like any info available, from the research i have done it seems very popular in germany and is said to be on a par with nsaids.
kindest regards to all.
GRANDAD
grandad
UKFM Newbie

Re: lump on upper arms

Postby denys » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:02 pm

Hi Grandad and :welcome: to the forum, yes I have those type of lumps its like knots in the muscle I have been told and no I havent tried it as FM does not cause inflammation therefore it isnt going to help with those pains, thay said some have other conditions that may lead to inflammation so the advice may serve to help those members :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Re: lump on upper arms

Postby grandad » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:44 pm

thank you denys for your promt reply to my post its nice to know im not alone any more with this crazy illness,your reply makes me feel more at ease knowing other people have these symptoms.
kindest regards
grandad
grandad
UKFM Newbie

Return to Help / Tips on Coping