Im having a moment

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Im having a moment

Postby jess0465093 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:01 am

Hi, I have been suffering from fibromyalgia for about 3 and a bit years, but only been diagnosed about 3 months.
I have tried to stay quite positive, even though I have lost my job. I also have severe osteo arthritis in both knees (seeing a surgeon next week). I’m trying to get strong enough so I can retrain and open up my own business in holistic therapy - especially to help people with chronic long term conditions.
But anyway .... I’m having a bad few days, especially pain wise. I forgot to take my amitriptyline - only for one/two nights and I now feel like I have been run over by a buss! Its just disheartening because I was genuinely feeling a little stronger and felt like I was more in control of the situation - buts its like I’m back to square one!
Has anyone else had an experience like this when you miss a few doses of your amitriptyline?
Any help and guidance would be amazing!
Gentle hugs for everyone!
jess0465093
UKFM Newbie

Re: Im having a moment

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:27 pm

I'm afraid for me thats quite common , if I was to miss a couple of doses of my meds then I would get some symptoms back, maybe not as bad as if I went off then completly but just enough to add to the underlying pain that is there all the time.

Just take your next dose at your normal time and you should back on the road to where you were. It might take a wee while to get there again but you will eventually .

Best of luck

ISM
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby LouLou » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:06 am

Hi Jess

Yep I've done that. If I don't take my meds every 4 hours I can feel the pain building and I'll often sit there thinking "why is it getting worse" then remember I was due some painkillers an hour ago lol.

Like ISM said just take your next lot at the normal time. I know the fogginess we get doesn't help when remembering to take our meds so I tend to set an alarm on my phone to remind me most days when I can feel the fog. I also keep a pack of my painkillers on me all the time so that I am never caught out and about without them. I end up with a bag full of empty tablet packs but at least I know they are there when I need them lol.

When I used to be on amitriptyline I had to take one a night time so I would keep the pack on my bedside table. I always take a drink to bed anyways so that helped me remember to take them when I got into bed.

Hope you feel a bit of relief soon
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby jess0465093 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:51 pm

Thanks for your help guys!

Im just having one of those moments where it is really hard to stay upbeat and chipper. I have lost my job, have bills to pay and I just feel like more things are happening.

Im going to see the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow cus im probably gonna have 2 have surgery on both knees and I have also just found out I have a trapped nerve in my spine and its very painful! :-(

Give me strength!!! Im just tired and fed up and would love 2 feel normal again!

Thanks for all ur support!

xxx
jess0465093
UKFM Newbie

Return to Help / Tips on Coping