Leg pains unbearable :0(

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Leg pains unbearable :0(

Postby Di davo » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:09 pm

Hi
I have really bad pains in both my legs :0( I have taken co-codamal, but hate the feeling tramadol gives me, so I am stuck with it, huts more when I stop, also down my arm and wrist, doc has given me an inflammatory tablet to take too, but I just fill like I'm pill popping all the time :0(
Think it is all my own fault, been signed off work again till my hospital appointment on the 20th, but I have had a busy week with a dear friend coming to stay, I just wanted to be normal for a few days :0(
Anyway has anyone found any supplements that help?, or a type of lotion or cream I could also try?,
Hope your all having good days xxx
Di davo
UKFM Member

Re: Leg pains unbearable :0(

Postby denys » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:38 am

Have you thought of a tens machine, I find a nice warm bath and hot water bottles sometimes give me some relief. Hope you find some peace from it all and manage to enjoy your time with your friend :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby whoami » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:16 am

I also find that a hot bath with epsom salts helps my legs.

I sleep on my back with a pillow under my knees, it just elevates them a bit.

I have 2 creams that help a bit. They are not the best of fragrance but help. One is Voltaren and the other Arnica. You likely can get it at the drug store or a health food shop.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby LouLou » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:08 pm

Hi Di davo

I too suffer really badly with my legs and feet. I have to second the bath suggestion as that works for me - well eases them anyway. I also use a foot spa most evenings as it has a foot massage function. This really helps not just my feet but all the way up my legs too.

I also have a mat thing that I put in the bath which acts like a jaccuzzi (sorry I don't know the proper name lol) that helps gently massage my legs when they really hurt.

Also use hot water bottles on the parts of my legs that hurt the most - I have been known to have 3-4 lines up on my legs at the same time lol.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Return to Help / Tips on Coping