[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Cannabis

Cannabis

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Cannabis

Postby Hay1ie » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:59 am

I know it's not strictly legal, but has anyone tried cannabis for the pain?

I have heard of people with arthritis (?!) using it and getting some relief from thier pain.

Hayls :D
Hay1ie
UKFM Member

Postby aily » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:16 pm

I've often wondered myself Hayls, so I'll be interested to find this out.

;)
aily
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:05 pm

I have heard of people using it for FM pain. However we cannot advocate the use of an illegal drug and do not recommend that anyone breaks the law.
At the moment I think they are bringing/have brought in cannabis based medication for MS sufferers (cream I think) but I don't think it can be prescribed for FM unfortunately.

We can only hope they change the ruling and it becomes possible to get it on prescription.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby rachi » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:33 pm

ok hear goes i have used it in the past for my back problems and for me personely it was great as i didn't need to take any pills for 3 days however these days you can't be sure of what you are getting as everything gets cut with other stuff hence the danger another "however" if the government put more research into the benifits of UNCUT cannibis i think we would benifit greatly. When they approve such drugs as DF118 and Fentynol just to name a couple oh and lets not forgrt good old alcohol we all know how that affects the body.
I am in now way endorseing cannibis for anyone else as i think these days it is to dangerous. I do talk to my doctor about it as i think the more we mention it hopefuly the more it will eventually be taken for real.
what idiot said " pain is so close to pleasure"
rachi
UKFM Member

Postby velvet » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:24 am

some more views here. i did occassionally use cannabis when younger (i suspect in common with large numbers of otherwise law abiding individuals in their youth lol) and i suspect i know of people who still use it for both medicinal and leisure use. i do not think that the susbstance called cannabis now is the same as it was 15 years ago, something that drug sites seem to agree with. it seems the plant has become much much stronger and adverse side effects, especially mental ones are far more likely and common. i am not so sure on mixing with other substances as from what i can make out (third or forth hand mind you) people now use it far more in the form of "green" (dried plant) than resin which is what was around when i was younger.

i never actually smoked it (have never smoked anything) but would have some in a coffee. all this was before i got FM so have no idea whether it would be any good. all i can say is on my really bad days if someone offered me one of those old coffees i would not say no - in fact i would probably say yes please very quickly.

there is enough evidence around that this substance could be of huge help and relief to many people with many conditions that i wish with all my heart the government would stop pussy footing about and get it out there. the types used from the 60s through to the early 90s were no more dangerous than alcohol (stuff now may well be i dont know) so why cant it be release for presciption?
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby MISS BUNNYPENNY » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:43 pm

recently watch an american lady who had to give up her job because of her fibro condition she said after taking the weed she was well again she didnt make it clear though if she had it prescibed to her in fact she gave the impression it wasnt what concerned be that she would drive under the influence of the drug

I know it has been prescribed in this country and i believe it is not as strong as street cannabis so is safer i suppose
coventry brittle kid
I LIKE WALKING IN THE RAIN -NO 1 SEES YOUR TEARS
LORD=keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth....AMEN
Sarcasm-Its beats killing people/
Just when I was getting used to yesterday,along came today.
MISS BUNNYPENNY
UKFM Regular

m.s

Postby cat123 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:09 pm

People with ms are getting it in spray form,and have been for at least,6 years,but of course thats kept quiet,drs know it works,but wont spend the money on researching it.I used to look after someone disabled,who knew ,others who had it preqruibed.Its out there.They must have done something to it to make it safe. cat
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby Hay1ie » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:38 pm

I have read about it being available on the NHS in spray form and wondered if it was worth asking the doc?
Has anyone tried asking thier GP? If so what response did you get?

Hay1ie
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:56 pm

As far as I know it's not available to people with FM. I think GP's can only prescribe for MS.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Tips on Coping Cannabis

Postby robertcohen » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:27 am

I recommend you speak to your doctor about being prescribed Lyrica. I used to smoke Cannabis to give me excellent pain relief.. Lyrica has been a make or break for me and it the best drug I used that is legal
robertcohen
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping