[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - legs off

legs off

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

legs off

Postby dolphintara » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:10 pm

hi everyone

I am just going to start off with a moan , sorry , my legs are getting so bad that I said to hubby take them off , the pain is so bad im crying with it no pain relief is working the burning feeling is like my skin is on fire , seen doctor last week he said its compartment syndrome , so don't know if it is fm or this compartment syndrome but better hurry up , as I don't know if I can take much more ,

phone dwp this morning and to be told I have to see the bench and they wont to see me, it is like they don't believe me or anyone else , who has fm , would we wont this no , would we lie to get help no , but I suppose there is people out there getting it that shouldn't ,

sorry for moan

keep :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
dolphintara
UKFM Member

Re: legs off

Postby denys » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:19 am

Dont worry about moaning its what the forum is for, we all understand. Have you tried some heat on your legs that sometimes helps, a nice warm bubble bath or water bottles and I know this sounds stupid but paracetamol at regular intervals can help once its n your system, it wont get rid of the pain but it might just take that edge off and help you to cope better. Just dont take more than the recommended dose :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: it eases up for you soon :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby LouLou » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:00 am

Hi dolphintara

My legs have been really really bad lately too so I know how you feel. I've been using an Arnica gel with cooling extracts in it which helps soothe the "burning" sensation and helps take the edge off the pain. Any kind of cooling cream may have the same effect. I also use these pads called "Deep Freeze" pads which you put on your legs and to keep them in place I use a support bandage. You can instantly feel the coolness of the pads and it lasts for a few hours too.

I've also taken to using 2 big pillows to elevate my legs when I'm resting as this seems to ease off the pressure type feeling I tend to get aswell.

Hope that helps.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:08 pm

Do you think you might have got my legs as the ones I've got today definitely don't belong to me :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: They're throbbing and burning, been thru my usual routine of bath and moisturising with a cooling lotion, had them up, had them down, didn't try the suggestions for positions that OH came up with tho :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout:

Dipping them in liquid nitrogen is at the top of my list at the moment, seeing as it's boiling point is −196°C it might take a bit of the heat out of things :snowman1: :snowman1: :snowman1: :snowman1: :snowman1: :snowman1:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby LouLou » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:54 pm

Lol I know the feeling Fluppy, it's such a strange sensation isn't it?

I often get this feeling of pressure that builds and builds and feels like my legs are swollen but they aren't if that makes sense? When I saw my GP about it I made him laugh when I said I wanted him to stick needles in my legs to ease the pressure lol.

Oh the joys of FM
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:53 pm

It is very strange Lou :shock: :shock: :shock: I've had a similar thing with the pressure feeling like it is building and feeling like they're swollen as well :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: Got a feeling tho, if I were to stick pins in mine, I'd be flying around like a deflating balloon :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby dolphintara » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:13 pm

hi all

thank you guys for your support , trouble is I rest my legs and take the pills , but when I do rest my legs feel worst so I get off the sofa and try to walk but cant get the motion to move ,

well had letter today to have my xray done on my bones having dye put through my body first , doctor wants to rule out compartment syndrome

well everyone have a great weekend

keep :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
dolphintara
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping