[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Giving birth with fibromyalgia

Giving birth with fibromyalgia

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby lrgatrell88 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:36 pm

Hi

Just wondered if anyone had any tips/ advice on coping with labour?
I've got weeks till my due date and just wanted to think of some ways that will help me cope.

Thank you x
lrgatrell88
UKFM Member

Re: Giving birth with fibromyalgia

Postby shazq » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:57 pm

I had my kids before Fibro but have you thought about a water birth? That might be relaxing, or listening to your fav music I have heard those gym balls are meant to be good to bounce up and down on but don't know whether they will be relaxing.

:goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby lrgatrell88 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:06 pm

Thanks for the reply. I had my 1st son before fibro too.. In fact they think it was because of the traumatic labour that my fibro was triggered. :-(.

I did really want a water birth but because I'm assessed as high risk it means that I can't have one. :-(. Going to see if I can get the consultant to change his mind but dot think he will somehow x
lrgatrell88
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:44 pm

hi love. well i was high risk with my little girl i have had 4 kiddies and my 3rd i nearly died. so when i had Lauren 15 months ago i was scared.and yes i had fibro with both girls. guess what not only was it faster 45 mins but i did it was gas and air.fibro wont make any difference your body well just get on with it. i tell u the worse u might feel is after with after pains .pls dont worry your be back here grinning your head off with your baba soon enough . do u no what your having.all us mums to be sit there and think what if and theres always someone with a horror story so relax and rest while u can.and do let me no when babes here hugsxxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby lrgatrell88 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:24 am

Hi.. Thank you for your reply.. My little girl is here!

I went into hospital at 6.30am on the 28th of August and she was born at 10.41am. So really quick!

We were back to back so it was really painful and found that the midwives didn't listen when I told them about my bad back etc or the fibro.

I was 3 cm when I arrived in hospital and although I kept asking them to check on me they didn't until I told them I needed to push! So I did it all on gas and air! :-).

I'm finding the aches and pains are creeping back in now which isn't nice but I'm hoping ill be able to cope with it all.

Hope you're ok x
lrgatrell88
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:54 pm

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa well done told u u could do it and u did, whats her name and how big was she xxxxxxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:08 pm

Congratulations!

It's great to hear some positive news. I hope you and baby are doing well, I'm so broody lol I want one now lol.

xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:10 pm

Lovely news glad you got through it and :welcome: to the little one :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby lrgatrell88 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:06 pm

Thank you :-) ... We called her Freya and she weighed 7lb 11oz when she was born. Xx
lrgatrell88
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping