[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Down time

Down time

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Down time

Postby SuzyVB » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:34 am

I find if we're not careful this disease can take over our lives in terms of negativity. So now if something is getting to me or I start to feel negative I go off to my room & set my alarm for 2 hrs later. During those 2 hrs I cry, scream, swear, hit pillows or do whatever I need to do then as soon as the alarm goes off I know its time to mentally kick myself up the bum & to look at the positive again.
It may sound weird but it really helps me.
SuzyVB
UKFM Member

Re: Down time

Postby fibro-lu » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:32 pm

gosh, sounds like when focusing 2 hours only on the "negative", the "brain" is more than happy to kick into a different mood

like "giving in" and then "let go"

interesting, thank you for sharing

hope I will remember
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby painprincess1 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:32 pm

so ture when im down i try to remember all the ppl who have lupus ect and then kick myself up the ass xx not always easy on a downer.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:46 pm

Glad you've managed to find a coping strategy that help you :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: It doesn't matter how :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: it may seem to others, the important thing is that it helps keep you on the right side of that thin line we often find ourselves getting too close to crossing :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Help / Tips on Coping