Something that has helped me

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Something that has helped me

Postby RachaelW » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:05 am

Hi,

I just wanted to share with you all something that has helped me with management and relaxation. My friend is a personal trainer who suggested streaching, she has taught me how to streach just about every musscle in the body and we have been streaching 3 times a week for about and hour. It was a little diffcult at first but I have found that over time it has been heaven to streach out my sore limbs and feel the tension ease, It is not a long lasting relief but it has helped to relax my body and help when I go to bed, as often lying down takes my body a while to adjust to. The more I streach the easier the musscle relax and it feels so good when you are finished. It's gentle and even on a bad day I can adjust the streach to suit how I am feeling. I am lucky to have my own Personal Trainer! She has also written a pilates session to suit my condition and it's great, gentle exersise which helps me get moving in the morning. I know everyone finds different things help and are able to move in different ways, hope this can help. Thanks.
RachaelW

Postby somebody_else » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:19 am

*nods* stretching and yoga are a HUGE help. It basically twangs the strings back into place (in laymans terms anyway!) and helps with tender points etc.
somebody_else
UKFM Member

Postby jacque » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:16 pm

Hi rachealw

I to have a personel trainer, i have been with him now for nearly 2yrs, stretching is the best, i do mine every day, but i also ride a bike 3 times aweek, which has improved my sleeping, it was very hard in the beginning, & can still be hard if i am hurting, but i would recommend it, expecially for fm sufferers,

I live in south london & if anyone wanted a chat with him, i would be happy to pass on his email address

To all fm sufferers, dont dismiss exercise until you have tryed it, it really does make a difference

Happy new year

jacque x
jacque
UKFM Member

Postby liz1974 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:50 pm

how do you motavate yourselves to exercise when you feel so bad that you just want to stay in bed. i have had enough off people telling me to just do it and after i feel like ive been beaten repeatedly. :?:
liz1974

Postby Rachael » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:33 am

Hey Liz,

It is hard to motivate yourself to exercise. I have days, weeks, months when I give up and let myself go, and every time I start loosing sleep, struggle to walk and fall into a heap. As much as excersing hurts and is difficult, I just feel better if I have, it's odd and I can't explain it, but getting moving is important, everything is in moderation. I play tennis with a Firbo friend somedays we play for 1/2 hour somedays we play for 1 1/2 hours, depends on how where feeling, I have learnt you can't always do 30 minutes of excersise three times a week, cause sometimes you just can't, but a little goes a long way.

I got to a point liz, when I thought what if my lifestyle choices have a roll in my health and management of this illness and I decided to make a change. I think that excerise can really help with the depression you can suffer as a result of Fibro.

I went for a bike ride last night, and today I feel like I have been beaten repeatedly so as much as I talk up the benefits of exercise, I hear ya!

My advise, do what's best for you![/quote]
Rachael
Rachael
UKFM Newbie

Return to Help / Tips on Coping