[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Going private

Going private

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Going private

Postby buxbunny » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:56 pm

Well got ESA decision today after year waiting for home visit medical assessment I've scored 0 points. Contradictory on so many levels.

I've taken all i can from my gp and ready for a move. His attitude is that fibromyalgia incurable so unless i have new symptoms than i shouldn't really bother him. I've seen all my medical records due to my road side accident and his omitted so much things and even confronted with evidence he refuses to change his stance. I avoid seeing him at all costs but fibro peeking up and i'm on no medication as i refuse to interact with him.

I'm in the process of looking for a new local surgery and using nhs doctor finder website and hopefully the star ratings system actually reflect the service.

I'm abit worried get the same treatment so thinking looking into private doctor and wondering if anyone done it?
Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.
buxbunny
UKFM Member

Re: Going private

Postby whoami » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:01 pm

I would be looking for a new GP. There are many good ones with NHS that are treating fibro patients

To be honest...unless a new symptom comes up or I have issues with my meds I now only see my GP once or twice a year.

My prescriptions are all renewed by fax from the pharmacy. Once your symptoms are reasonably under control there really is no need to see the Dr.

We will never be free of symptoms and until there is a cure, sadly, we will have to live with things.

You do need to see someone though.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby buxbunny » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:35 am

Well i wouldn't even mind if i get to that stage but i having the worse luck with good gp hence why thinking probably none near me and theres only so far i can travel even on a good day.

Wish me luck.

If anyone in croydon area and knows of a good one i'm willing to travel for a guarantee
Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.
buxbunny
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:43 pm

Hi

Its bad news when you have to consider going private to get a gp who understands and cares that you have fibro. There are so many drugs out there to help us. Are you under the pain clinic at all? When looking for a new gp i would reccomend looking for a gp who qualified after around 1990's as they seem to have studied fibro in some depth. My gp she is absoloutly fantastic and works closely with the pain clinic at keeping my pain under control and trying new treatments. My thoughts are with you and i pray you find a gp like mine!!

Milly :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:16 pm

Hope you have some luck finding someone to help :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby leikela » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:22 pm

I went through four GPs in my small surgery before I found one who immediately referred me to a rheumy, the others just put it down to depression or "maybe it's CFS" and he's been great - really patient and tries to help where he can. Interestingly, he's the younger GP. I would definitely recommend switching GPs until you find one that is willing to listen and help you. I hope you find someone soon

Sent from my iPhone using
leikela
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping