BLUE BADGE

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

BLUE BADGE

Postby a.lyndon » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:42 pm

Hi all,

I'm wanting to pick every ones brains about the Blue Badge Scheme.

I am considering applying for a Blue Badge, as when I have flare ups, my walking is not good and I struggle to walk short distances. My only concern about applying is that my mobility issue is not a permanent one, only when I get flare ups (which is quite regular at the moment).

Does anyone else struggle with walking when they get a flare ups and has managed to get a Blue Badge.

Ally
a.lyndon
UKFM Member

Re: BLUE BADGE

Postby SuzyVB » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:11 pm

I have a blue badge but I struggle to walk all the time. I think different councils have different standards as well. If you go on your local blue badge website (normally county council) it will have its eligibility listed there
SuzyVB
UKFM Member

Postby siennasbreeze » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:11 am

I have a blue badge ,which I've just renewed last week.I too have poor mobility ,tend to use my wheelchair and mobility scooter most of the time .
My council issue one automatically if you are on high rate mobility on dla or PIP enhanced.you just have send them proof(award notification),along with ID, a recent utility bill,a passport photo and £10.

Like the other lady says,the qualifying criteria does vary slightly from council to council,so you will need to either ring or go online at your local authorities website.All the information you need should be on there.

I hope this helps

Good luck with your application.x
siennasbreeze
UKFM Member

Postby a.lyndon » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:23 am

Thanks for your replies. I will check it out and see what happens.

Ally
a.lyndon
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping