[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hospital Fibromyalgia Management Programme Info sheets?

Hospital Fibromyalgia Management Programme Info sheets?

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hospital Fibromyalgia Management Programme Info sheets?

Postby zappa20 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:49 am

When I was first told Id Fibro by the rheumatologist, I was referred to the hospitatl Fibro nurse who ran a Fibro programme over a few weeks.

Because of circumstances at that time I wasn't able to take part in her course so she gave me a load of documents which bascially comprise her hospital Fibro help course, to try at home. I don't have fibro now and and had forgotten about them , but just found them in clearing out an old cupboard.

The info is divided into sections

- Introduction to fibro

- Pain managment- this is good as it explains how the pain gate operates in fibro and can be be opened and closed or at least toned down etc in words which can be understood.
- Posture

- Conditioning

- Stretching exercises- some of these are helpful as I tried them.

There's cartoon diagrams and pictures on the exercises etc.

Would it be of any help to anyone new to Fibro if these were put on the forum?

If so let me know. I can scan them but will probably need to email them via the forum to someone to upload as I make a mess of trying to ut links onto forums. lol. I might even need help to work out how to email someone via the forum lol. Maybe one of the site admin people can get back to me.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Re: Hospital Fibromyalgia Management Programme Info sheets?

Postby SchroedingersCat » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:25 am

Zappa, I may have missed your story elsewhere on the forum as I don't read everything, but you say you don't have fibro now - could you tell me what happened - I'm really interested to see if it just went on its own or if you found a way of dealing with it? Please PM me if you don't want to go into things on here. Thanks
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:44 am

I am wondering if you got misdiagnosed with fibro. Or, are you taking medications or treatments that have your symptoms under control. I ask because all medical staff/ personal have told me there is no cure for fibro.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby zappa20 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:03 pm

zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:35 pm

zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby SchroedingersCat » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:33 am

Thanks, Zappa, that's actually very encouraging as it mirrors my own situation to some extent, and does give me some hope that I can eventually work my way through this. The rheumatologist who confirmed my GP's diagnosis told me roughly 30% of the people she diagnoses with FM recover, and it's the 30% who start off doing the right things by instinct and keep a positive attitude about it - she also told me she thought I would be in the 30%, so I guess I just need to be patient and work a little harder. Cheers.
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:39 pm

Sorry zappa, I've only just come across your post about the info sheets. I've pm'd you about them :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Help / Tips on Coping