[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - IBS and clothes

IBS and clothes

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

IBS and clothes

Postby chookie » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:05 pm

Hello all :-) I have been wearing baggy pyjama bottoms around the house, undoing buttons on trousers or rolling down tights and legging waistbands all because my IBS tum is so bloated. I'll get up with a medium rotund bloat and then by the time I am sat on the sofa watching tv at night, it looks 6 months gone :shock:

I gave in and bought myself some maternity leggings in black and navy and they feel so good, and I look just as pregnant as the lady in the photo on Ebay :roll: They are very comfy and the sewn on expanding waist/tum part is very forgiving too. Give them a go :-D
chookie
UKFM Member

Re: IBS and clothes

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:40 pm

Trousers and skirts with elasticated/adjustable waistbands make up a large part of my wardrobe these days as like you, I get a bloated tum thanks to the delights if IBS. As well as the comfort factor, there's the ease factor they have when getting dressed, painful and/or numb fingers wrestling with buttons is a :nono: :nono: :nono: at the best of times :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wrt bloating and IBS, I've just had a course of acupuncture thru our local Pain Management Clinic peoples, and one of the benefits I've had is a calming down of my IBS, as well as a reduction in the bloating I experience. It's made a difference of a couple of inches to my waist and I'm now fitting very comfortably into clothes that were unwearable before I started.

I know not everything suits everyone, but maybe it could be something to consider if it's accessible in your area :roll: :roll: :roll:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby fibro-lu » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:02 pm

decades back my parents thought I was pregnant
wanted me to admit it etc and they wanted to stand by me
needless to say
it was the diary products
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby whoami » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:44 pm

Chookie....I remember when I got married (too young at 18) I got pregnant within the year. I then wore maternity clothes for 5 years after, obviously got pregnant easily, LOL. After having tubes tied I then continued to wear them because they were comfortable on my skinny but bloated body. I found out I was lactose intolerant and got help, put the clothes in the bin....LOL....I then git IBS and wished I had all those clothes again, LOL
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Return to Help / Tips on Coping