[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Protein Powder?

Protein Powder?

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Protein Powder?

Postby Sioriwish » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:57 pm

I've also noticed that a lot of people on here with Fibro have got hyper-mobility too, so just a question...

Have you guys ever thought of using protein powder?

As protein is needed to help repair muscles, and we have these joint issues that weaken our muscles, I thought it would make some sense that this extra protein would help with our weak muscles in repairing themselves, which would equal less pain.

It's just a theory I have, which is why I'm asking :3

EDIT: Not sure if i posted this in the correct place, sorry D:
Sioriwish
UKFM Member

Re: Protein Powder?

Postby ouchisme » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:01 pm

i can understand your thinking and yes it would seem a logical idea. Have you actually tried to use protein powder to see if it has helped?
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:30 pm

Think maybe you should run that paced your doc before trying any supplement
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Misscheekywalls » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:43 am

I was going to ask the same question..I can see it used a lot in America in fibro...but how much would we need to use??? And when? Think I might do some studying on this and other supplements....anything is worth a try x

Sent from my iPhone using
Misscheekywalls
UKFM Member

Postby Artycow » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:31 pm

Hi

I am currently seeing a herbal doc/nutritionalist and she has me on the specific carbohydrate diet,i put hemp protein in all my lunchtime shakes under her advice..... i wouldn't ask a doctor personally,as i find they know so little about the condition but this lady i am seeing is very knowledgable..... the link between food and fibro is highly underestimated
Artycow
UKFM Newbie

Postby ellewill » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:14 pm

Hi I have tried out the protein powder last year when I was trying to exercise to lose weight for my wedding and I did not experience as much pain while taking it. I have also just purchased and e book on fibromyalgia that has a diet enclosed. it advises protein powder to heal muscles and aid with pain. hope this helps. xx
ellewill
UKFM Newbie

Postby Misscheekywalls » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:51 pm

Ellewill
Can you mention the books name??
How often did you take the protein....there must be a fibromyalgia diet somewhere!!!
Vitamins and food all in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Misscheekywalls
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping