[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - muscle spams at night ... a way to prevent them ...?

muscle spams at night ... a way to prevent them ...?

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

muscle spams at night ... a way to prevent them ...?

Postby Joanne C » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:25 pm

I saw an article which stated "water at bed time will also help prevent night time leg cramps. Your leg muscles are seeking hydration when they cramp and wake you up with a Charlie Horse." I tried it ... so far, ive been able to stop taking clonazepam - which my doctor wants me to do ... and wear socks in bed, and not "dancing" ...!!!!!!! its wonderful!!!!! :o :dance: :grin: :grin: :clap: I do drink a big glass of water at bedtime, and do have to go pee a few times during the night, but it stops me dancing!!!!

Also in the article, was this advice ...

Drinking water at a certain time maximizes its effectiveness on the body
2 glasses of water after waking up - helps activate internal organs
1 glass of water 30 minutes before a meal - helps digestion
1 glass of water before taking a bath - helps lower blood pressure
1 glass of water before going to bed - avoids stroke or heart attack
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removal of duplicated paragraph in post and slight change to title.
Joanne C
UKFM Member

Re: muscle spams at night ... a way to prevent them ...?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:54 pm

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: Joanne, it's good to hear you've found a way to manage/prevent your muscles spasms. This is something I experience at various times, and in varying degrees, so understand how it can impact on your daytime :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You'd duplicated the opening paragraph of your post, so I've removed it to save on possible confusion and chaos :-D :-D :-D I've also made a change to the title of the topic as the word "cure" can sometimes bring about rather emotive responses which could detract from the original point raised.

I hope it carries on helping you. However, such an approach can sometimes be a double~edged sword as having to get up several times in the night to go to the loo can/does have an effect on fatigue levels during the day, and not in a good way :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Help / Tips on Coping