[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby kazza65 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:31 am

:( :( I'm struggling :( :(

Last year i had a spinal stimmulator fitted were wire is put in the epidural space in your spine next to the nerves that hurt, but it all went wrong and i developed a massive blood clot and had to have it removed. Now the area were the clot and the battery pack was is hurting really bad and round my cockis area to were it hurt before they messed. My back round my kidney area is really painful it hurts to sit and standing is excruciating because my feet feel like i have walked on hot coals and they are burning.

Also with my back been bad which ever side i lay on makes my left leg throbs and have the sensation like when pins and needles have just warn off. So i have to move on to the other which is worse because that leg feels numb and them that starts throbbing really bad. I can't lay on my back because i can't get up off my back because it really pain full. I have osteoarthritis in both knee's really bad and degenerative were and tear on my spine, also i have it in both my hands.

when ever i sit down i have to have my legs raised as they throb like mad, but also this makes my legs hurt and throb more than normal. I also have been aching all over with headaches and sore to touch shoulders, my arms feel like lead weights when try to lift them also they have swollen really bad that i have had to take my rings.

Think i'm going to have to pay a visit to my doctors have a medication check !!
At present i take Pregabilin 200mg three x a day
MST Continus 15mg morning and lunch 30mg at night
Amtriplyne 40mg at night
with oramorph as and when needed but i have found i need this more often to ease my back.

Any idea's would help....
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Re: Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:32 am

Oh poor u, and I thought I felt bad.
Yes all you can really do is see the dr , I heard you can get these patches that release painkillers you could ask dr about them if you haven't tried them xxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:54 pm

All I can suggest is seeing your GP as well. Ask whether the pain relief patches might be suitable for you to try, as well as seeing what else could be done to your cocktail to help you.

Hope you can find some easing soon :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby whoami » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:41 pm

You really do need to go to see your Dr and possibly have your medication adjusted or changed completely.
Let us know how you get on.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby millymoodoo » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:13 pm

Aw bless you I really do understand your pain. This nerve stimulation treatment has been offered to me if the spinal block doesn't work next Monday. I have never heard of this before and was leaving it on the back burner until it was decided I needed it my mums motto is "never meet trouble half way" so in the unlikely case I don't need I wasn't giving it any space in my already jumbled brain. I know we are not all the same but if I do have to have this procedure I will be ask many more questions than I probably would have done so thank you for your post.

It sounds like you need to see your gp asap to sort out your pain meds as you are on quite a low dose of MST or you are considering the amount I have been prescribed I am on 80mg twice a day (every 12 hours) and Oramorph up to every hour inbetween for break through pain. Like others have said you are due for an update of your medications........

Are you under the pain clinic at your local hospital and was it them who recommended this nerve stimulater to be inserted? I am under the pain clinic and my gp follows whatever they recommend. I have numbness in my left leg that suddenly comes on without any warning also a recent problem is my little finger and the next finger going numb for no reason so I am planning on another visit to my gp as this is really worrying me. I do have discs out in all 3 sections of my spine but as the finger numbness is new I will get checked out quickly.

Please let us know how you get on I hate to think of any of my fibro friends in such pain.

Take care
Milly :blowkiss:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby kazza65 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:22 pm

Hi all

Millie you asked if it was the pain Clinic that recommended me for the stimulator yes they did and and no i'm under nobody at the moment i feel like i'm on my own. I have seen a Rhemuy doctor who has has had various test done and told me i have osteoarthritis and fibro he had some scans done on my hands because i was getting loads of pain in them. And said he would see me again but to the moment nothing. Also my doctor as referred me to the Pain Rehab clinic but as yet i nothing has come.

I'm trying to get into seeing my doctor about my tablets and sorting my feet out and getting myself back to where i was

JUST AN UPDATE

I have been to my g.p today and they said i having a flare up and they have up my mst for two weeks and then i have to go back, then they will assess if i need the be upped permanently. Also i finally have got my date to go see the rhemuy doctor in feb. So finger crossed that everything goes to plan.
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping