[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Aloe Vera Gel

Aloe Vera Gel

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Aloe Vera Gel

Postby Twotone » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:00 pm

Has anyone tried Aloe Vera Gel ?.
Twotone
UKFM Newbie

Re: Aloe Vera Gel

Postby caterpillar » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:31 pm

Do you mean to drink? If so yes, I drink the Forever Living aloe gel drink and think it may be helping me slightly with inflammation.
caterpillar
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:46 am

I tried the gel on itchy skin after a Boots sales assistant said it was really good.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:55 am

[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby TATT » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:34 am

I have just started drinking this again, forever living one. It's got a new twang to it and I have to pinch my nose to get it down and I am no baby, but its rank.

But it moisturises my insides and helps with easy passage through to the exit. :lol:
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:38 pm

Tatt, I like the idea of what it does for the body... but...if it could gag a maggot :scream-1:
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Twotone » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:46 pm

Yeah to drink Caterpillar
Twotone
UKFM Newbie

Postby caterpillar » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:33 am

The 'Bits & Peaches' aloe gel drink is actually quite tasty! I can't stomach the plain one. Bleughhhhhh!
caterpillar
UKFM Member

Postby clairbear » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:25 pm

:-D Hey everyone,

I haven't been around much of late - I was dismissed from work because of the Fibro and my inability to absorb medications properly!
I've accidentally overdosed twice because my body has built up all my meds and then delivered them about 4 days later resulting in my being VERY ill. Finally my GP has taken me off Amitryptaline because it didn't work and like I mentioned, the catastrophe of my body holding on to it, with co-codamol, tramadol, sertraline and Fexofendadine and then delivering it to me in one big dose wasn't great.

For the last few weeks I've just been concentrating on benefit forms! My PiP and ESA forms took days to fill in and some pretty atrocious handwriting! :banghead:

I just wanted to mention that a friend of mine recommended Forever Living Aloe Products to me to help with my symptoms and I love them.
My routine:
I have the normal drink gel in the morning (I'm hardcore) :mrgreen: - this helps with absorption as well as settling your digestive system, which when you take tons of tablets a day helps. It tastes awful but you get used to it.
I use the MSM Gel on my joints as I can't use ibuprofen due to an allergy.
I use the Aloe heat lotion as and when I need to (also if you put it on the soles of your feet at bedtime it can help you sleep)
I have one tablet of bee pollen a day to try and reduce my need for daily antihistamines. This is a slow process to increase for me as my allergies are bad. Once you get up to 2 a day it can help with fatigue levels too.

I'm like a walking aloe plant haa haa..
I have found that since taking the products they have started to help a little, not massive changes but if it saves you taking a paracetamol, downing a ton of Gaviscon or running for the loo with a bad stomach its got to be good, right? :bear-dancing:
clairbear
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:37 am

Definitely, hope it continues to help :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Saffie » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:15 am

Hello. I have been using aloe vera gel for years & I generally swear by it. I get allergies from medication or heat which appear as burning sores or itching rashes. I find that covering the areas with a generous coating of the gel soothes the burning/itching & eventually the redness. I also get quite bad burning pain in the shoulders & neck & although the gel can be quite soothing, it's not as effective.

Hope this helps.
Saffie
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:22 am

I've used it on itchy rashes/hives and sores too. I've also found it helps ease the burning from sunburn too. I haven't tried it on areas such as my shoulders when they are burning tho. For things like that, I have found arnica gel can help make things a little more comfortable.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Help / Tips on Coping