[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - I love exercise - what works for you?

I love exercise - what works for you?

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: I love exercise - what works for you?

Postby dotty lotty » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:47 pm

I go for a 20 minute walk :penguin: :penguin: most days (sometimes more) but have been going swimming twice a week for the last 5 months and love it. Early morning they have some lanes over the breadth and shallow water as that is all my arms manage without pain. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby carolad » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:40 pm

I am just too tired to exercise these days! I used to go to the gym 3 or 4 times a week but I stopped because I was just so exhausted. And I did feel better once I did that (along with making some other changes in my life). I'd like to get back to it but I don't think I have the energy to do that during the week. By the time I've got through a day's work, I am exhausted. But I could probably manage it at the weekend so that's what I'm going to work towards. I used to have a strong, well toned body...but I've lost my muscles! Want to get that back again...
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby Diane64 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:24 pm

I wrote on this a while ago saying I love to exercise and do a fair bit through the week, but after having bouts and flare ups I haven't done anything really in the last month. The muscle tone I had has now gone and everything has just turned to flab, I feel in a vicious circle, trying to work on enthusiasm is the worst, I am supposed to be starting back the classes I have missed tomorrow night and have to say I am dreading it, but I am so not coping with the wobbly bits that's making me feel so uncomfortable.
Diane64
UKFM Member

Postby HazelB » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:12 pm

I go to local gym a couple of times a week if I'm able. Do some work in recumbent cycle, summit and treadmill (I'm up to about 20 mins combined) I do some arm pulls and leg presses, then go into warm pool to do stretches. I also walk as much as I am able. I definitely feel the better for doing it, especially my back pain x

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:43 pm

Me and hubby are talking about going swimming again. Well when I say swimming - I can't actually swim although I like the feeling of being in the water. I'm hoping it will help me cos the water supports my weight and all that.

So basically I'll pootle about near the shallow end whilst hubby swims properly back and forwards.

Yesterday we looked at a leisure centre near to our village and it seems very nice. They even showed us the pool and said it would be fine to leave my crutches at the side of the pool :-)

Now just have to wait for my 'swim noodle' :-D to arrive from Amazon and we're off...
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:30 pm

Hi Dazzle,

I love being in the water too :) Although I only tend to go if I feel up to doing some swimming. I'm curious, what are swim nooodles??
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby mrselizabeth » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:46 pm

Hi All, I used to enjoy going to the gym but stopped in May this year as I am so exhausted. Went to see my doctor to see what was going on, he sugested a further visit to the Rheumatologist. I went today to the hospital and had a very lengthy chat with him, and lots of blood were taken. He now thinks I have M.E. as well :cry:
He sugested I restart the gym, and go swimming..I can't swim..and I am affraid of water like that. :yikes:
I feel so ill I don't know what to do with myself. I am on my own from Sunday till Friday :cry: :cry:
Please, someone talk to me :!:
mrselizabeth
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:01 pm

Mrselizabeth please start another thread in the private board and Im sure you will get some extra support you obviously need right now, have you explained to your doc that you have a fear of water maybe they can help you with it, maybe some one to one support at the gym (or wherever you would go to swim)

I too am on my own for a lot of the time so understand it can be lonely and so very hard to motivate yourself, especially if you have ME as well, its so important for you to pace yourself and to listen to your body. You also need to start slowly just a little bit at a time so that you dont push things to quickly.

We are here to help as much as we can so dont hesitate to post about how things are for you, but as I said if its a bit personal then use the private board as it can only be seen by members :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby dazzleship » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:57 am

dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:18 pm

Aaah thanks, we have those at our pool! (I've only seen kids use them hence not knowing their name!).
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Previous

Return to Help / Tips on Coping