Tai Chi Helps

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Tai Chi Helps

Postby taichi100 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:27 pm

Hi all. I am new to the forum and have found it very beneficial to read all the posts from others like me, who are suffering daily. Only people who have fibromyalgia can truly understand how we feel day in and day out. It is great to have others who do not give you the impression that you are nuts, or a hypochondriac!

I wanted to share that I have been playing tai chi for 12 years, and am now a nationally certified instructor in the U.S. I do not know how I would be feeling if I had not been doing so. The gentle stretching and slow movements are just enough activiity to keep my soft tissues from shortening due to lack of exercise. I do a great deal of stretching and moving, and you would not believe how good it makes me feel, both physically and mentally. I highly recommend this activity for all fellow FM sufferers.
taichi100
taichi100
UKFM Newbie

Re: Tai Chi Helps

Postby shereen » Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:34 am

taichi100 wrote:I highly recommend this activity for all fellow FM sufferers.

Hello taichi

I've been studying the small circle form of the Yang Family style tai chi chuan for just over a year now. I agree that it helps a lot, but I found it very hard going in the early months. It's still difficult at times, but the increased flexibility and strength are well worth it. Having an understanding instructor that you can talk things over with helps too.

I also believe that the work I've dare in yoga,again with a very understanding instructor, helped set me up for tackling tai chi.
shereen
UKFM Newbie

Postby nobby » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:31 pm

I'm starting Tai Chi in january for 2 reasons. I like tai chi (have tried it before) and think it would be helpful. So it's nice to get a recommendation from another sufferer.
nobby
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping