Overloaded and feeling lost in pain

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Overloaded and feeling lost in pain

Postby Lisalou » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:40 am

So, i have a large family, I'm trying to be a rock to some of them as we have a lot of serious illness in our family.

I feel so alone and lost. I'm getting stroppy with my husband because I'm in so much pain and I'm stressed and he gets angry with me. We row, I end up in even more pain.

I just need someone to look after me for a change...

Every night I sit watching the clock tick round, browsing the Internet or playing blooming candy crush to ease the insomnia.

Is there a way out? I feel like it's drawing me in to a deep black hole. I've been signed off work and miss my job. I'm 33 and was in the process of applying to uni to become a midwife and I feel thats gone now. I can barely walk. This flare up has not stopped since Christmas, it feels like it's getting worse every day.

I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!!

Sorry for the negativity, I just don't know who else to share it with.
Lisalou
UKFM Member

Re: Overloaded and feeling lost in pain

Postby Flash » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:03 pm

Firstly, DON'T apologise for anything. Secondly, here's some hugs for you :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

I don't have any answers for you but do know what you mean. You are not alone.

:grouphug:
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby Lisalou » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:05 pm

Thanks its appreciated. I feel pretty alone with it all.

I don't know anyone else with fm either so it's hard to relate to people. X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Lisalou
UKFM Member

Postby Flash » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:00 am

Hi, I've had F/M for years and don't personally know anyone else with it either. It can seem like a lonely condition and people don't have any idea of what we're going through.
If you're anything like me, you crack on with everything no matter what pain you're in or how tired you get. Always there for everyone else, sorting out their troubles, taking the brunt of all the falls, comforting and supporting everyone and at the same time, keeping a home together and bringing up the kids. Everyone sees you as the strong one but don't realise that you are calling out for some time out.

Personally, I too would like someone to think of me, make me a cup of tea in the morning, put the rubbish out for the bin men, take the dog for a walk... Just make me feel special for once.

I really know how you feel but can only offer moral support on here. Not the same as a friendly hug but just as sincere. . As long as you know that you are not alone. Take care. Gentle hugs.. :hugs: :hugs: :flowers: :flowers:
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby Lisalou » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:54 am

You pretty much summed up my life there.
Thank you for your kind words and encouragement, it means a lot to me.
Cracking on is what I try and do most days.
I worry that people will think I'm lazy or faking my problems, so I try and cover them up. Not doing a very good job of that right now.
Hopefully soon I won't feel like such a failier and get to grips with asking for help.

Thank you so much for your response, take care of yourself too. Hugs x Lisa x

Lisalou
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:57 pm

Hi Lisa

Sending you some :hugs:

Like you and Flash I too tend to muddle through putting myself last. I have quite a few things going on in my life and family/hubby's family at the moment too so I know what you mean. Trying to be there for various people, support them, help them your needs tend to go way down the list of priorities.

I can't really add much more to what Flash has already said to you. Maybe just try and find an hour in the day for just "you" time. No matter what is going on in my day I always try and make sure that of a nigh time I have an hour to soak in the bath and switch off from everything. It does help me put my thoughts and feelings together and have my time to myself.

I'm not sure what meds or treatment you are currently on but may be worth seeing a doctor to see if anything else can be done to help the pain?

Take Care
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby Lisalou » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:25 pm

Thank you loulou,

I am a bit of a pain, I don't really like medication. I know this sounds crazy but at least if I'm in pain I am still in control and still me. However, it does get real bad and I have to take paracetamol, neproxim, tramadol, Diazapam and sleeping tablets.

I have tried everything I can think of in terms of physio, chiropractor and various different things.

I am going to give yoga a try with my sister, also giving us some quality time away from our families.

I hope that you are well, hugs x x x

Lisalou
UKFM Member

Postby Flash » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:56 pm

Hey Lisa, that time out with your sister will help, I'm sure.

I don't take medication regularly either, have a big problem with side effects. Also, I find that over the counter painkillers work better for me when I use them occasionally. It's also my defence when the G.P tries to suggest that some of my symptoms are down to meds...

I hope you enjoy the yoga, be careful not to over do it at first though or you might be put off! :lol: :lol:

Take care, Sue. XX
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby Lisalou » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:36 pm

The side affects are horrid sue arnt they?

Thank you i am looking forward to trying to find some alternative therapies.
X x

Lisalou
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:16 pm

Hi Lisa

Same here, I cut down on all my meds a few months ago and I now use paracetamol or if it's really bad over the counter co codamol. I cope ok plodding along so far.

I use hot water bottles on the really bad, support bandages on my calves when they hurt and I also have aromatherapy massage once a week. My mum's a trained therapist so I feel totally comfortable with her and she works with me regarding pressure. I always hurt a bit more in the day or 2 after one but when things settle down I do feel much better.

I'd heard yoga had helped a few people with fibro so will be interested to hear how you get on? It's supposed to be really relaxing and especially spending some girly time with your sister will help you unwind.

I often find that when I'm overloaded with lifes stresses and things my Fibro kicks off so I have to make a conscious effort to chill out sometimes lol.

Good Luck and take it easy!
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby zelda53 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:43 pm

Hi everyone,

I've just found this forum and these posts and feel so overwhelmed I could cry!!!

I too have felt isolated and out of control, whilst on the surface I'm coping perfectly well. I work in pharmacy and this has made me determined not to take medication (seeing nasty side effects and understanding the drugs is NOT a good thing!).

Smiling on the outside while crying inside is really wearing me down. I am also snapping at my husband, he tries to understand but how can anyone if they haven't got it. I don't know how to explain to him that it's pain all the time not just now and again, that the forgetfulness is not just me being daft and that the tiredness doesn't get cured by a good sleep!!!!

Finally finding others who understand is such a relief, I'm sorry to have gone on so much but I needed to get all that off my chest,

Thanks all,
Louise
Smiling on the outside, crying on the inside - but always looking on the Brightside!!
zelda53
UKFM Newbie

Postby Flash » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:39 pm

Hi Louise and welcome. :welcome:

Have you had a look on the 'Living with fibromyalgia section? There are some threads that might interest you and help you to help others to understand how this condition affects you.
'The spoon theory' 'One to show the non believers' and ' 'Fibromyalgia stages of grief' have all proved beneficial to many people, I hope they are for you too.

You will find this site very helpful and the people supportive. I have been through some very low times and this site has been my life line.

Don't forget to have a giggle on some of the fun posts too, we all need something to make us smile.

Take care and gentle hugs. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Flash
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping