A T M

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

A T M

Postby kitten » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:10 pm

Does any one have trouble get the card out of the ATM machine my fingers just can't grip it to pull it out , also the same when you have to pull the pound coins from the trolleys ,up to now my O/H has always been with me ,but obviously it is not a good idea to always be dependent on him being with me ,as some days I wont to go shopping by self, don't know if it's the Fibro or O/A or MF all I know is that it is going worse .
kitten
UKFM Member

Re: A T M

Postby whoami » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:48 pm

I have osteoarthritis in my fingers, it is terrible. I sometimes cant use a pen or pencil very long. Grasping small or thin items at times is impossible. I would think it is your OA causing the problem , not fibro.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby kitten » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:00 pm

Thanks for your reply whoami
like you I also have trouble writing, hold pens and pencil , writing has got so bad that I now have to print even that is getting worse ,I now dread have to fill anything in when possible will always take forms home to fill in , even then I can make a mess of them
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby *karina* » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:04 am

Hi Kitten!
Thank you for this post! I am not alone!
Got the same problem and feel very embarest when other people can see me struggling, especially with the trolley.
I just made another appointment to see my OT as i am aware it is not a carpal tunnel, so i need more answers. My finders are very weak. I use a stylus for my mobile phone and nails for typing on the computer. Some days it's unbearable. Also, i just bought a steering wheel knob for my car, its fantastic and helping a lot, especially when my left hand not working at all.

Kitten, have you find out what is it causing your problem????
*karina*
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping