[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Struggling with landlord

Struggling with landlord

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Struggling with landlord

Postby leikela » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:12 pm

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any advice on explaining the condition to a private landlord? Mine is becoming increasingly difficult and I'm sure she is looking for a reason to repossess the property (for her own personal reasons now because I'm an awful tenant!). She has requested this weekend that I clear the shed as she believes it is a fire hazard. I have spent a few hours on and off this week trying to sort thorough everything but I'm really struggling to move everything out as there are a few pieces of furniture in there taking up most of the room. Today I really hit my limit and feel incredibly unwell and there's no way I will be able to sort it by this weekend. I'm a single mum and don't have any family or friends that are able to help so I'm fairly sure she will lose her cool. I don't know how best to manage the situation so that I still have a roof over my head :(
I'm on the council's housing register but on the lowest band as they're still reviewing the medical form I sent them. I've recently had to have a "falls assessment" as my legs keep giving way and I've had a few very nasty falls, particularly down the stairs, so I need to do a new form for that. I'm wondering whether to talk to my consultant about an OT assessment and/or see if he will be able to back up my info to try and bump me up the list but I'm not hopeful.
Sorry this is an essay, just feeling really anxious about everything right now :-/

Sent from my iPhone using
leikela
UKFM Member

Re: Struggling with landlord

Postby zappa20 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:23 am

I think you can do self referral to social services to get an assessment of any adaptations or changes you would require. Is this something you could maybe try or ahve you already been in touch with them.?

Hope you get things sorted soon.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:20 am

I think your landlord would have a hard time evicting you over the fact the shed she leased you has not been emptied because she has decided she wants it.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby moomoos » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:44 am

She cant just kick you out just like that.

If you pay your rent monthly, she has to give you two months notice.... if you pay weekly, she has to give you two weeks notice.... This is by law.

Even if she does give you notice to quit, you still dont have to move out. The council will tell her to take you to court to get a repossession order. Even when the repossession order has been granted (if it were to be granted) she still then has to get a bailiff order to come and get you out and change the locks at that point. All this takes around 4 months in all. It will also cost her a lot of money to take you to court.

Its drastic, but if shes going to do it, she will have to go thru that process cos she cant just expect you to pack up and leave and be out on the streets cos being rehoused by the council takes time. Theres normally a back-log of medical assesments to up your banding, but you have the 4 months its gonna take for her to be able to get you out, if she decides to go that route.

Stand your ground and remember you have rights. If she does give you notice to quit, take it straight in to the council and they will get the ball rolling for you.

Good luck xx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby leikela » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:58 pm

Thank you, that's made me feel better. The last convo I had with her she brought her boyfriend along which then triggered my PTSD and have been trying to dig myself out of that place ever since. I'll try social services although I was referred to them last summer to see if there was any support they could offer with my son (6yo) as I don't have much family support and they weren't particularly helpful :-/ Would I need to contact adult social services instead?
leikela
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:17 am

Yes you need adult social services :fingerscrossed: and :goodluck2:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby zappa20 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:16 am

The only time I've had any contact with Social Services was getting one of these home alarm telephone linked systems put in. A really nice lady came out to do an evaluation of need and fill out some form or other for their records. While here she asked if there was anything else I could be doing with in adaptations or equipment, or any help in areas she herslef personally didn't cover as she'd arrange for a colleague who did to contact me and arrange another date to come out.

It's worth a try even if the last people who came out weren't that helpful, as it could be someone different who deals with this area and staff change over the years as well.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping