Epsom salts

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Epsom salts

Postby gibbo82 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:05 am

Hi guys,

I'm just wondering what are your views on Epsom salts?

I bought a 1kg bag the other day from amazon, to try out, and gotta say it knocked me out (felt so relaxed) having it in my bath before bed time :)

I'm not sure how much to use though, I was putting 2 cups of salts in my bath, but I've read that some people recommend a tablespoon!?.

I've heard it good for muscle aches & pains also, as well as detoxification & weight loss.

I recommend to those of you who have tried Epsom salts too try them! :)
gibbo82
UKFM Member

Re: Epsom salts

Postby whoami » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:14 am

gibbo.... I have used epsom salts for years and you are right they can help to give you a good nights sleep. As far as the amount I use, I don't actually measure. I probably put about 3 heaping handfuls into the bath.

Have you tried the fragrant ones? I have just found them in a large bag which is much more economical than the small boxes that would do me for about 4 baths.

I have heard that you have to watch what you are doing also. Apparently, if you use too much and too often you can dehydrate yourself.

l
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Iceskatemum » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:43 pm

Just love Epsom Salts they seem to help ease all the aches and pains when dissolved into a nice warm bath . 'fraid I don't measure but its usually a good couple of handfuls of Epsom Salts followed by a few drops of what ever essential oil I fancy. Lavender or geranium seem to help getting to sleep but don't mean I'll stay asleep.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Tom Snelling » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:04 pm

Epsom salts are very beneficial for detoxification. Alternate, baking soda one night - epsom salts the next.

Thanks
Resides in Athlone, Wales in GMT timezone.
Free advice Wed-Fri every week.
Tom Snelling
UKFM Newbie

Postby carolad » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:29 pm

Interesting :) I've started taking Epsom salt baths because I've heard they are good for you because you can absorb magnesium from it. And apparently a lot of us aren't taking the RDA of magnesium in our diets.

I personally haven't found it has made any difference though - either to my pain or my sleep. I'll continue with it though because it is just a nice way to relax :)
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby carolad » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:40 pm

carolad
UKFM Member

Postby Dog Lady » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:57 am

I use Dead Sea salts and alternate with Himalayan pink salts, I find 20 mins in the bath is long enough and I put black pepper essential oil in as that helps me. I'm usually ache free for 24 hours afterwards.
Dog Lady
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping