Your Local College

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Your Local College

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:27 pm

Not sure if this is all around the UK but my local college has a beauty salon and hair salon.

Now my daughter is training in the beauty section and for one of her assessments i went in this morning and had my make-up done :mrgreen: had a nice clense and facial first then was treated to a pamper of lovely make-up..

I must say although she is my daughter what a great job she done and im feeling very good with my face on :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyways i was browsing around like you do and noticed that you can pop in and book an appointment with a trainee and have all sorts of therapies and treatments like a pedacure/manacure/nails done/facial for just a few quid same with a hair cut.

If you prefer a qualified therapist you can have aromatherapy/indian head massage/hot stone therapy and much more for just a fraction of the price you would pay else where :shock:

Hair salon is the same.

So its looking like im going to book up for an indian head massage as my scalp/neck and face gets really tight.

Im also looking forward to my daughter doing her final year next year as this concentrates on massage and i will help out by being the guinea pig for her and the students. Mind you they will be in for a session an half with me wit the stiffness but might as well get them used to working on people with sore and tight muscles :lol: :tongueout: :tongueout:

So maybe worth looking into your local college to see if they can benefit you especially if your on a tight budget.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: Your Local College

Postby denys » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:44 pm

Brilliant idea Lisa glad you are feeling good after your treatment, our local college does the same thing but I had forgotten about it :shock:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Help / Tips on Coping