[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Local masseur or a masseus? (Massage)

Local masseur or a masseus? (Massage)

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Local masseur or a masseus? (Massage)

Postby gibbo82 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:57 am

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how I can find a local masseur or a masseus who understands fibromyalgia? I've been wanting to have a massage for a while now as i get really tense & sore in my upper back.

I'm in the Coventry area, West Midlands
gibbo82
UKFM Member

Re: Local masseur or a masseus? (Massage)

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:34 am

Have you had a look to see if there are any regulatory bodies for masseuse/masseurs??? Such organisations often have a search function to help find who practices in areas. If you can find who is around you, you could try contacting them to see what they know about FM and/or other similar conditions, as well as asking if they have other clients with similar problems.

Every once in a while, a dog enters your life and changes everything xx

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby gibbo82 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:42 pm

Thanks for your reply fluppy. I've come across a type of massage called myofascial release therapy. after a bit of research I've found someone who does this locally. Going to give it a shot! :)
gibbo82
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:12 pm

Hi gibbo

Sorry for being a bit late in posting a reply to this - not been on line for a while.

I have aromatheraphy massage from my mum who is a trained therapist but before that I went to a local salon for massage. I had a consultation before hand where I sat withthe therapist and gave her some info on FM and we talked about the pressure she could apply etc and how she could help.

During my first session she applied the lightest stage of pressure for a massage and kept checking that this was ok for me (it was) so it was decided that aromatherapy massage was the best one for me as the oils helped me relax.

For a few days after a massage I find the pain is a bit higher but when things settle down I feel so much better and less stiff.

So maybe try some local salons and having a chat with them first. A good therapist whill be willing to work with you.

Good Luck
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:07 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: it works for you :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Help / Tips on Coping