[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - confused a little! !!!

confused a little! !!!

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

confused a little! !!!

Postby vicks16 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:23 pm

Hi all,
Had my rheumatologist app last week!! Just after a little help/advice.

Just seeing if anyone has been told they had chronic pain syndrome then
I was handed a leaflet on fibromylagia and then told this will give
You all the info on the condition and support groups etc...

Then he refered me back to my nuro and gp and doesnt need to see
me again.. im confused :crazy:

Im due to see my gp next week to see if she can shed any light!!!!!

Why would the rhumy say or do that??

A very :crazy: Vickie x
vicks16
UKFM Newbie

Re: confused a little! !!!

Postby whoami » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:00 pm

Vickie....I can understand your confusion. Some Dr's call fibromyalgia chronic pain syndrome. They are the same.

Chronic pain is what causes the same symptoms as fibro....concentration, tired,memory loss etc.

Most rheumatologists will refer you back to your Dr. Your Dr will give you meds and suggest other types of treatment. Things are going normal for you.

Lorraine
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:57 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby whoami » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:17 pm

I could have worded my previous post a little different . I have had numerous Dr's with the workers compensation board and the Canada Pension Plan Disability refer to fibro as being in the same category as Chronic pain syndrome. Because of sharing so many symptoms in their minds they are the same.
I was awarded disability with one department under their definition of fibro being Chronic pain syndrome. When I questioned it they said the two conditions fell into the same category.

As Fluppy suggested, I think it is really what the Dr's are comfortable with as to what they call our condition. It can seem confusing. After dealing with them for such a long time, I really didn't care if each eof them had different names as long as they believed me and could help me.

Vickie, ask your Dr to clarify this all for you. I would also want everyone on the same page if you apply for benefits. I must say by calling my condition and symptoms different names, I feel it was one of the reasons it took 10 years to sort my claim out. It was well documented that the Dr's did not know what the name should be to the symptoms I presented.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby carolad » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:04 pm

Oh Vickie, I can relate to what you've said! Why do some doctors have such appalling communication skills? In my experience, they don't listen and then don't explain things properly so they only get part of the story and you just get confused!!

I had about 5 sessions with my rheumatologist and he kept waffling on about non-restorative sleep but then in my final appointment he said I had scoliosis but it wasn't bad enough for surgery so he was discharging me back to my GP. So I came away thinking all my problems were due to scoliosis...even though that didn't really make sense to me because why would that cause extreme fatigue?

It was only when I went to my GP to see exactly what he'd said that I found out he had actually diagnosed me with fibromyalgia too! So hopefully your GP will be able to interpret your rheumatologist's letter for you!
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby vicks16 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:32 am

Thank you for your responses.
Finding all abit too confusing and getting my head around it all :crazy:
also going some 6 week course at my local hospital and havent a clue whats that about either!!
something else to ask my gp about.. maybe I should do a list what with my memory at the minute..
I know I will forget something.....

thanks again.. :-)

Vickie x
vicks16
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:57 pm

It is confusing at first Vickie, there is such a lot to take in and get used to. Making a list to take with you for your GP appt is a good idea, and is something that a good number of us do each time we have an appt due to the forgetfulness that comes with a foggy head :oops: :oops: :oops: Also add any questions that you want to ask. Keep the list in a place where you'll be able to find it easily so that if something pops into your head, you can add it pretty quickly before it vanishes into the fog again.

In between things, try not to dwell too much on the things you want to ask as all it tends to do is add to how you're feeling. If you can do this, you may also find that some of the other things start to settle down and make a little more sense for you, which is always a good thing.

The 6 week course that you have mentioned could be something along the lines of learning more about living with the pain~side of things, or may be more FM~related. It can vary from area~to~area as to which approach they use, but they generally cover similar things. This can include:~
What pain is and how it is transmitted around the body.
What happens when the signals start misfiring/become scrambled.
Approaches to how pain can be managed~meds, therapies, treatments, self~help etc.
Pacing~how to approach it and find what your levels are for doing things.
How to manage flare~ups, may also incl planning for when one occurs.
How to plan for travelling, days out etc.
Setting realistic, achievable goals/aims.

And a host of other things that have gone on hollibobs from my mind at the moment :oops: :oops: :oops: Your GP should be able to give you some more specific info about it.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Help / Tips on Coping