eye test

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

eye test

Postby cherylb » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:29 pm

im looking for a bit of advice before i get my eyes tested for the ????? time.

last year i had my eyes tested and from when i got the glasses they didnt seem right. i went back got told they are fine it is just the fibro acting up......the lady is very nice and i didnt want to argue.

1 year down the line and i still cant wear them i am going back again but i dont know what to do if she says they are still ok. my glasses are for reading but if i put my daughters on - which are for distance- if can see so much better. i think i might need varifocals but not sure.

any suggestions would be great
will eventually get there....wherever THERE may be
cherylb
cherylb
UKFM Member

Re: eye test

Postby whoami » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:03 am

When I hit forty everything went to pot. I needed my first glasses. I got bifocals. The ones that you can't see that they are bifocals. I kept saying that I was still having issues. The next pair I needed the bifocal as well as a prescription to see things further away. I was about 20' away from my best friend and if she hadn't spoke I would not have known it was her. I could not make out her face.

My eye Dr said that your eyes can be affected by fibro. Especially dry eyes. I have issues some days when I am really tired seeing things farther away.

I would go back and tell your Dr again that you are not comfortable.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby cherylb » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:06 am

result :lol: :crazy:
went to the optician this morning..i could kiss the girl :-D . after i explained what the problem was she said that she had a :-D theory but wantd to run through a few tests/ turns out that prescription is right but the shape of the front of my eye has changed a little.

the previous optician had added a part into the making of the lens to correct this and my eyes did not like it :-? :-? :-? .

the only way optician knew about this reaction is because she has the same problem

up shot is once she removed this extra part i felt instantly better and my eyes were not being "pulled" by the glasses.

happy days :-P :roll: :roll: :roll:
will eventually get there....wherever THERE may be
cherylb
cherylb
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:09 pm

Great news glad you can now see :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Help / Tips on Coping