dry eyes!!!!

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

dry eyes!!!!

Postby Joanne C » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:01 pm

:crazy: 8-) :-D heya, back from an eye test today ... was told that i have very dry eyes ... recommended i drink more water, and have eye drops ... stopped at chemist onway out, got some eye drops, and when i got home, i was considering a pain killer for a headahe, but decided to put eye drops in first ... my headache went and didnt need painkillers ...!!!!
Joanne C
UKFM Member

Re: dry eyes!!!!

Postby denys » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:51 pm

Dry eyes can cause headaches, hope the drops keep your head quiet for you :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby hippychick » Fri May 23, 2014 8:49 pm

Same problem here with the dry eyes and have to use artificial tear drops as a matter of course. Shame the hypromellose drops are so pricey though or I'd happily use the cheaper eye moisturising drops but as they're not the same constituent, I steer clear of them.

Just had a thought, (and they're about as rare as hen's teeth), and that is I wonder if the hypromellose drops are available on prescription? S'pose they must be but it's never occurred to me to ask the doc and now I'm officially getting the freeby scripts, it might be worth asking him on my next visit coz I sure do get through a few tiny bottles of those drops in a month.

Sadly though, I can't say that they've put pay to my headaches. I've had a continuous bonce ache 24/7 since June 1998 :scream-1: Neck spondylosis is to blame for that though.

Gentle huggles,
Hippy
hippychick
UKFM Member

Postby mags3pets » Wed May 28, 2014 1:43 pm

Hi
I'm new to the site but to FM. I've had this for years. Also have: anaemia, arthritis, asthma, depression, fibromyalgia, hiatus hernia, insomnia, migraine, oesophagitis, PBC, Raynauds, scleroderma, and sjogren's syndrome. Just diagnosed with sjogren's in Narch. Have extremely dry eyes and also using eye drop and trying hard to drink mmore water. I've had mouth infection continually for the last few years. Anyone have any tips. Using a mouth spray, pastels and gum to try to keep mouth from drying. All the best, Mags :-):-)
mags3pets
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping